Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DR to US & Canada almost free calls

Works for me - next to nothing fees, and if you have a decent connection can save quite a bit ove time.
    magicjack.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

There has already been a thread on the MagicJack...
    After reading the first thread I bought mine and it has been great!
    Only problem was that they did not have NC phone numbers so I chose a Florida number and for the first week every time I called someone, the first thing they said was "What the hell are you doing in Florida?!?" (Caller ID) And then I had to explain the whole thing...

Other than that it has been wonderful...I am looking forward to using it when I move to DR (so are my friends...)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Question:

Can you use magicjack with a cellphone or only a land line? Their ad seems to say land line?

And how much does the magic jack apparatus cost?

Thanks.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Walmart calling card

for $20 I get 227 minutes when I call my fiancÚ in Santo Domingo....on his orange cell phone

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in calling the US and Canada from the DR (North Coast). From the US I use Tel3.com - a prepaid calling card for pennies a call.

I only have a cell phone and want to know if magic jack works off a cell?

Thanks.
    Ro

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You need...

Quote Originally Posted by Drro View Post
    Question:

Can you use magicjack with a cellphone or only a land line? Their ad seems to say land line?

And how much does the magic jack apparatus cost?

Thanks.

a land based telephone plus high speed internet, but not a landline itself. You cannot use a cell phone with the magicjack. Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out Talkster.com

FREE for REAL calling - WORLDWIDE. Only catch is listening to a 10 second advertisement which will, as this product grows, be geared to you, the user.
    Nio cards, no charges, and it works with cell phones, land lines. users dial in to a number that they save for next time and the calls are connected by Talkster.

This has been mentioned in O Magazine as well as on CNN and other media.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by hollywood north; 04-29-2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Addition to info

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

a land based telephone plus high speed internet, but not a landline itself. You cannot use a cell phone with the magicjack. Hope this helps.

Is a land based telephone one that is in the DR, that has a local DR #? As compared to a landline? I have a cell phone with an 829 area code and local number, is that what you mean?

Thanks.

Ro

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lili4ever View Post
    for $20 I get 227 minutes when I call my fiancÚ in Santo Domingo....on his orange cell phone
    8 cents a minute!!!!!...We talk every day, twice a day!!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that your landline based phone has to have a numbr or service. I disconnected my service here when I received the MagicJack.

What they mean by landline phone is a phone with the cord that you plug into the phone jack...but instead of plugging it into a phone jack you plug it into the MagicJack.

For example, my friend in DR has no phone service but internet service...I can take my laptop and we could plug a phone into the MagicJack and call for hours to the USA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast