stupid question of the day....

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Our dog killed a trespassing mother hen, leaving 5 little peepers in tow. I took the little peeps into our chicken house with 4 other mature Rhode Island Reds, egg layers. The big birds attacted the little peeps, so I brought them in the house in a cardboard box. 4 died, one is alive. I feed the little thing some water through a needless siringe, but don't know much else to do. Can this little feathered friend make it on it's own?

Euterpe

Aug 20, 2007
In a word - no.
Water is not food... not even for the fish
Chicks need warm mash, and also a warm environment.

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
You could ..............

Call a vet and ask or pm whirlybird. Best of luck for the little one.

Last edited:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I had 12 little chicken once in Ecuador... cost me o.50 USD plus some corn, but I ended up being a bad experience.
More than anything they need HEAT. So, after I found out about that after I already only had half of them left alive, I put in a lite 40W bulb.
Next morning I found 4 out of 6 stuck toasted on the lite bulb... so I finally put a cut off Coca Cola plastic bottle bottom upside down over the bulb after punching some holes into it so they could cuddle up without making the place smell like Provocon.
That was it! 2 out'ta 12 made it... technology and know how can safe lives at times... althou, that time around it came kind'a late :ermm:

... J-D.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Thanks, I'll try to make up some warm mash and keep this lil' fella in a dry, safe and warm environment. I'm assuming it doesn't need it's mama if I do this?
Cute little bugger, I couldn't just pass it off to our Dominican neighbors. There's no telling what would become of this bird. At least if he/ she dies here it will be a happy death.....or a happy life!