Federal Skilled Worker Process

CRP

Apr 30, 2008
Has anyone applied under the Federal Skilled Worker? I would like to know/share time line and experience with Port-au-Prince Visa Office.

Thanks,

CRP

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi and welcome to DR1

Have you applied or are thinking of applying? Please share your details if you have.

Thanks

CRP

Apr 30, 2008
Thanks.
I applied back in June 2007. Didn't get response and wrote an email to the embassy. They opened my file in Sept. 2007 and told us to wait 12 months before contact them again.
I would like to know how accurate is the timeline that is post in the cic web site.

Thanks,

CRP.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hopefully we'll get a reply from someone that has gone or is going through this.

I just wanted to get a little more info so you'll get a better reply.

Good luck

Last edited:

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Taken from the CIC website:

Canada needs a more responsive immigration system where we reduce wait times so that families are reunited faster and skilled workers arrive sooner. That’s why, on March 14, the Government of Canada proposed changes to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

The changes mean that those who submitted an application before February 27, 2008, would continue to be processed under the current system. However, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) would have greater flexibility in processing new applications, especially from skilled workers. Anyone would still be able to apply, but CIC would no longer be required to process all new skilled worker applications.

Under the proposed changes, the Minister would have the authority to issue instructions to immigration officers on the processing of applications, including in relation to the jobs available in Canada, so that people with those skills and experience can be brought to Canada more quickly. However, as is the case now, the decisions on individual applications would still be made by CIC immigration officers. The Minister cannot reverse these decisions.

The instructions would be made public, and would reflect commitments to provinces and territories. They would be published in the Canada Gazette, reported in the Department’s annual report to Parliament and posted on CIC’s website.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
The province of Alberta is great! :) I can vouch for that!! If you need any info on Alberta just PM me!

CRP

Apr 30, 2008
Hi Margaret and Lexi, we already applied under the FSW program, so I think I cannot re-apply under the PNP.

We are trying to get a job offer to speed up our process but it's not easy.

If anyone applied under this program, I would like to know timeline please.

CRP.