Playa Grande Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Golfed yesterday at Playa Grande. New sign up in the Pro Shop stating that golf course will close in 2009 for renovations. Course will reopen in 2010.

Gives us 8 more months of playing, and who knows with 'dominican time' when 2009 will actually come.

Also prices have gone down now that tourist season is ending. Price with FedoGolf Card is 1,580 RD$ which includes cart, green fees and range balls. Looks like new mandatory caddy system which started this tourist season will remain in place.

tom

Massielg

Apr 30, 2008
www.casasdevacacionesrd.blogspot.com
closed

Excuse, ;)I think you didnt read good, the sign says: The golf course will be closed in 2009 and will re open as a private course. It dont mention when is gonna be finished.

Caddies are mandatory since long time, is not a new thing.

As you say, you still have 8 months for play. Take advantage..:cheeky:

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Excuse, ;)I think you didnt read good, the sign says: The golf course will be closed in 2009 and will re open as a private course. It dont mention when is gonna be finished.

Caddies are mandatory since long time, is not a new thing.

As you say, you still have 8 months for play. Take advantage..:cheeky:

Sorry Massielg but I played almost every Wednesday and Sunday for the past couple years without a caddie until the new mandatory caddie rule went into place in Oct 07 (not since long time). Was there today and rule is still in place even though we were the only group on the golf course. You are correct about the sign not saying it will reopen in 2010 (but it does say it is closed for 2009 and reoopening as a private club so logic would tell us this should be 2010).

Massielg

Apr 30, 2008
www.casasdevacacionesrd.blogspot.com
caddies were mandatories before. That changed on last summer (2007) and then in high season they become mandatory again.

For fedogolf members they were not mandatories before, and from december last year they are mandatory for everybody.

;)

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Sorry Massielg but I played almost every Wednesday and Sunday for the past couple years without a caddie until the new mandatory caddie rule went into place in Oct 07 (not since long time). Was there today and rule is still in place even though we were the only group on the golf course. You are correct about the sign not saying it will reopen in 2010 (but it does say it is closed for 2009 and reoopening as a private club so logic would tell us this should be 2010).

Private, the talks about that have been going on for yeeeeeears. last time 2008, private closed and still. I hope it not will be, because it got to be one of the worlds most beautiful courses. Especially that day I shot 71.. :)

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Me too

Seriously we do too, but doesn't look good. Mr. Whitehead will have withdrawals. Can only hope La Colonia gets built quickly and is a good one.
Congrats on the 71 - you're outta our league with a handicap like that.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Where is gonna be build La Colonia?

On the SOUTH side of the main highway at Bergantin beach - Near (& opposite) Fun City. They advetise here on DR1 & there are a few threads about the orgainisation started by Robert because DR1 is promoting them!

Hey tflea - my thoughts exactly about anyone shooting 71 &/or having a three h'cap!! Heck, the guy probably doesn't have to DRINK PRESIDENTEs as he goes round the course either??:cheeky:!!:bunny: :surprised ~ Grahame.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Hey tflea - my thoughts exactly about anyone shooting 71 &/or having a three h'cap!! Heck, the guy probably doesn't have to DRINK PRESIDENTEs as he goes round the course either??:cheeky:!!:bunny: :surprised ~ Grahame.

Hey there!! I shot 71 with 3 cold Presidente in my blood... I shot under par 6 times in my life, 4 of them with some alcohol-help. Alcohol... to a certain extent... is a performance enhancing drug - in precision sports that is (bachata dancing included...). More stable, positive thinking, no negative thoughts about hooks or what can happen - just enjoy the view and hit it with a smooth swing. Certain extent - I would like to see some research in the area... 3-4 during a round improves my golf... and well-beeing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.