Are there any Starbucks Coffee in Dominican Republic?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Are you nuts??? We have coffee here!! Not that watered down, stuff they call coffee and sell for $5 a cup....
We have organic mountain grown, we have sun grown, we have it all!! Starbucks would not stand a chance here....

Starbucks???? HAHAHAHAHA

HB

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Are you nuts??? We have coffee here!! Not that watered down, stuff they call coffee and sell for $5 a cup....
We have organic mountain grown, we have sun grown, we have it all!! Starbucks would not stand a chance here....

Starbucks???? HAHAHAHAHA

HB

Off course dominican republic can have Starbucks...maybe they have one in Punta cana area.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Never heard of one here. AND we do have far better coffee - although I would kill for a frappucino......

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com

Starbucks???? HAHAHAHAHA

HB

True, but the Brazilians also have great coffee, and plenty of it, yet Starbucks has no less than 8 locations in S?o Paulo. So who knows... :cheeky:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
If a McDonalds, Burger King, TGIFs can make it here, so can a Starbucks. The price alone for a cup of java will prevent many dominicans from buying it and that's just fine for the status/society types. It will be status thing a place to be seen. The young hipsters will flock to it.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
HB why don't you open up a frozen coffee shop, mmmmm those are delicious, with delicious organic Dominican coffee.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Try the capuchino at Librer?a Cuesta in the Supermercado Nacional!!....

Icky poo!! I was stupid enough to try coffee in the States and I nearly vomited...it is so insipid....

I wonder what happened to the old Bar Colon on 30 de Marzo....everyone in town would wander through there in the morning for a cuppa and some conversation..

Times change, but I cannot see Dominicans, even stupid rich Dominicans paying RD$150 for a cup of coffee....or more...

We'll see....I am sure that there is someone here who already has the rights to a franchise...

HB

M.A.R.[/B: What? Me work?? No way!!]

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Icky poo!! I was stupid enough to try coffee in the States and I nearly vomited...it is so insipid....

Yeah, afraid I agree. Even at Starbucks.

Which is why years ago I started asking friends and relatives coming from the DR or Brazil to bring me coffee instead of beer. What little beer they could bring me was usually gone in one night. The bags of coffee I could savor for weeks or months. ;)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
So are there any places that make those frozen coffee drinks, here in the US is the best thing in the summer time, i like Dunking donuts' frozen coolatta.

kiyarose

Apr 22, 2008
okays bueno. i live in santo domingo, and have traveled round a bit, and have never seen a starbucks. but like everyone else is saying u wont miss the coffee, but sometimes a scone would be nice, cuz the baked goods are not so big here.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
If a McDonalds, Burger King, TGIFs can make it here, so can a Starbucks. The price alone for a cup of java will prevent many dominicans from buying it and that's just fine for the status/society types. It will be status thing a place to be seen. The young hipsters will flock to it.

Very true. I can see that happening. All the "hijos de mami y papi" flocking to starbucks then them walking around santiago with their venti cups hahahahahaha lol. I don't mind starbucks. But when I want real coffee I go to this place in the grennwhich village called porto rico. they have coffee from all over the world. one cup of their finest colombian blend goes for about 8 bucks. but when you sip it UFFFFFF it is an amazing experience.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Starbucks makes enough money I doubt they are hurting by not having one in the DR :) I'm sure they will get the to DR eventually don't all foreign company's :)
I personally prefer the Domincian coffe to Starbucks any day :)

Why trying to compare any coffee in Dominican republic, cafe santo domingo is great but it should give an opportunity to a foreign company such as Starbucks.

Feb 7, 2007
We'll see....I am sure that there is someone here who already has the rights to a franchise...

Starbucks does not franchise! They have virtually no franchises in the USA/Canada. All stores are owned and operated by Starbucks. They are a direct operator, or at least principal shareholder in a direct operator when they venture abroad (e.g. Europe, China, Arabia, etc.). They do very limited franchising in the States in the hotel inductry (mariott, embassy suites, etc.) besides that - none.

J

John Evans

ive never seen the appeal of coffee in carboard cups but Americans seem to enjoy it