SUPPORT New here, and here for a reason, but....

KaliEyes

May 1, 2008
...don't have the time right now to explain all the details of the situation.

Brief - spent some time in Punta Cana, met a man, am dealing with the doubt that branches from a million women's stories regarding sankies.

Will be posting shortly on the details, and looking for a support group here. I have read many posts, but have yet to become familiar with the active/regular members around here who know what they are talking about.

I know that the likliness of finding true love in DR while there on vacation is very rare, but how come some of them are so good at talking their way into the hearts of us North American women?

Any women around here with success stories, I would love to get to know you and your story more!

Ready to start my journey here on DR1! Not ready to journey into a relationship yet without some education and understanding of the bigger picture.

So, if you're out there, listening and willing to help me with this challenge, please introduce yourself to me.

Feb 7, 2007
ok... I wanted to reply but ... changed my mind

Girl, read this forum. The man is a sankie, if you met him at a resort, it's 100%

I live in the DR and go to resorts quite often and I see it always. Virtually 0% chnace your man is different.

There are many stories around here, where deception is a starting point, why yours should be any different?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The only Support you will need is the money to Support him, his family, and his Dominican wife.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Just enjoy good sex with him and then go back to your own life.
AZB

KaliEyes

May 1, 2008
Keep it coming, this is all the stuff I NEED to hear. The only thing that will make me believe otherwise will be those woman who have had success with men who appear as though they are sankies and have proven themself otherwise. I know the odds are against this 99.99%....but why is my gut have more faith in him than against him? It's not like me to believe in someone so easily!

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Kali

Use the search function and look up posts by Hillbilly in this same forum area. He has about 10 awesome points on it being what it is. best of luck to you.;)

J

John Evans

I go for a five year trial period without sex and without paying for anything and see how the relationship progresses

KaliEyes

May 1, 2008
Well, there's no need to really run, I think I'm far enough away, and have the ability to cut all ties whenever I feel necessary.

You know though, my version of a player is this....a true player is someone who recognizes they are being played, and then turns the situation right around on the person who started the "game". I'll be damned!

Skippy1

Feb 21, 2008
dont even think about reversing the tables its a pointless excercise.

There will be more problems than you can handle trust me!

Just accept desperate people do strange things to earn a living just protect your bank accounts and move on.

Skippy1

angie12

Apr 26, 2008
Hi! I'm new to DR1, and I have to say--- THANKS TO ALL THOSE POSTINGS ABOUT SANKIES!!!

KaliEyes

May 1, 2008
There will be more problems than you can handle trust me!

Skippy1

Could you please enlighten me on what type of problems you are talking about?

I'd love it if there was more claim and support behind all these "don't"'s and "run" and "NO's"

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Ok

I'd love it if there was more claim and support behind all these "don't"'s and "run" and "NO's"

If you have read all on "sankies" then you know there is really not much more to say ! :surprised

So

GO AHEAD AND HAVE "FUN" .

I am thinking that is what you want to hear so just go do what you want. And again. Best of luck to you.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I always say to all tourists in any country, "Please give the locals in your own country a chance".

Why look for love in a foreign country when it is right there in your backyard?

"Amor de lejo, amor de pendejo".

Enough said!!!

Skippy1

Feb 21, 2008
advice

Most Sankies are part of a support network all looking out for each other and all helping their friends and family.
If you cross one or embarrass them in their peer groups they will try and extract some kind of revenge in what ever way they can. Some are badly educated but not all, some have friends who are in a position they can make you life difficult especially getting in and out of the country. I false accusation here or there could have you locked up for a few days while you spend a fortune trying to get a good lawyer.

Its never a good idea to fight when you are on someone elses soil......the rules are not the same here.

Skippy1

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
If your Dominican boyfriend is the same age as you, he pays for things when you go out with him, he does not ask for money ever, speaks your language and can make you laugh,takes you with him to social events with his family and friends, takes you to his church, then he is a good guy and is probably in love with you.

However, if he calls you with sad stories, seems needy, you pay when you go out, is younger than you, doesn't take you to socialize with his friends, doesn't speak your language, then he is a Sanky looking to improve his position with your money or a visa.

Not all hotel workers are Sankies, just most of them. I actually know one who is not a Sankie and is very much in love with his Italian/Swiss girlfriend. He has definitely changed his ways. It can happen.