Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ORANGE Cell Phone Problems

Just have been experiencing some problems with my Orange cell phone service and wondering if others are experiencing the same.
    People in Canada, USA, Africa have said they are frequently getting a message when they call even though I available.
    Sometimes the phone display will say 'Emergency Calls Only", and I am unable to make outgoing calls.

If this is normal for Orange service maybe I should switch to a different company.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

a friend of mine is currently experiencing problems with her ORANGE phone, granted it is still under warranty, and was told they have to reformat the phone's operating system, whatever that means....told to pick up her phone tomorrow

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Well my phone was purchased in Canada from ROGERS (they are a pain too but that is another conversation for another day LOL).
    The people @ the Orange Shop unlocked it for me.
    I use phone cards and I am not on a plan.
    It 'seemed' to be working fine for the first few weeks.
    But a friend living in Puerta Plata said she tried to call me too and was unable to and some message came on.
    Just missing some important phone calls from home a lot lately.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

this happens a lot. i wasnt with orange when i was there a few months ago (i was with claro) but i had similar problems on a regular basis. i brought an unlocked phone from canada and hooked it up in SD and used phone cards. friends and family would call me all the time and get a message saying my phone was out of service or that they had called an invalid number but then a few days later it would be fine and then back to out of service again i never had problem dialing out though.

you can change service providers but i think the problems will occurr regardless of which network you're with unfortunately.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes was thinking that changing cell phone providers would be a waste of time.
    But I have been told by some that Claro service is better than Orange...that is why it is more expensive.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I too have experienced that with an unlocked Rogers phone in Puerto Plata with the "Emergency Calls" only message appearing on the screen from time to time. I always just assumed it was signal-related, or lack thereof. I can only imagine your frustration and concern at missing important calls from abroad or locally, and hope the problem isnt with the hardware.

Maybe it is worth trying to contact Rogers in case the problem is on their end if Orange can find no reason for this glitch?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thandie View Post
    But I have been told by some that Claro service is better than Orange...that is why it is more expensive.
    hehehe. i was told the opposite when i was there and ready to throw my phone out the window! the other service provider is always better when yours isnt working the way you want it to again unfortunately, i think you'll come across the same problems with another network but drloca's suggestion seems worth looking into...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably have to contact Rogers too. Arrggghhh. Not looking forward to doing that.
    ROGERS Co. is the cell phone and cable providers 'sankies' of the world LOL.... IMO

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thandie View Post
    Probably have to contact Rogers too. Arrggghhh. Not looking forward to doing that.
    ROGERS Co. is the cell phone and cable providers 'sankies' of the world LOL.... IMO
    Good luck with that...they give the word "nightmare" new meaning!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Nightmare is correct!

I have had to personally march down to the head office in downtown Toronto many times to resolve issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast