Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Question killing of police captain at La Caleta, by airport

I was informed that the police chief investigating a robbery of funds from the Airport of Las Americas (Intl) was murdered yesterday in a shoot out during an investigation of the case involving individuals around the Caleta area.
    I was also informed of 4 more who were killed on Charles de Gaulle, apparently they were aprehended and appeared dead later on.
    Any truth to these?
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Early press reports say that the five were involved in a shooting after some sort of robbery at the airport....

HB

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Video of the 3 thiefs in Charles de Gaulle.

Strong Images:
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qYhhfyl9x9Q&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qYhhfyl9x9Q&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough images indeed.

May god have mercy on their young souls!!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

DR police seem not to be trained too well in paramedics?

Not sure from the report if these guys are now dead or alive?

Tough images for sure!

Skippy1

Retired Ussername
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait a minute, Skippy. A Police Lt. Colonel was murdered in Boca Chica in this shootout, and you seriously expect that there would be any treatment after their beatings OR survivors once his fellow police officers later caught up with them?

Another question - who's running UPS at the airport so poorly that someone (anyone) could walk out of their offices at the airport with $400k in cash???

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

GringoCarlos the incident in Boca Chica had nothing to do with the Incident in the video that happened in CHarles De Gaulle Avenue.

And yes the 3 were killed after they took them away. Police brutality at its best.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GringoCArlos View Post
    Wait a minute, Skippy. A Police Lt. Colonel was murdered in Boca Chica in this shootout, and you seriously expect that there would be any treatment after their beatings OR survivors once his fellow police officers later caught up with them?

Another question - who's running UPS at the airport so poorly that someone (anyone) could walk out of their offices at the airport with $400k in cash???

Woah Woah.......!!!!
    A police officer was killed in the shoot out yes I heard that and I am saddened to the core that he lost his life in the line of duty serving the people. I am also concerned that from the pictures these guys were alive and entitled to medical attention, remember they are innocent until proved guilty in Law. Maybe if it was a child of yours and you later found they were innocent and caught in crossfire would you not question the treatment???.

Chances are they were guilty but they have families and deserve humane treatment otherwise you just fuel the fire and revenge killings will escalate an already bad situation.

Police have overwhelming power and they do not need to kill every time they are confronted by criminals. The British police force dont even carry guns (normally). You cant teach people not to be violent if you use violence on them when you want to force your will....its a self perpetuating spiral into anarchy.

Skippy1

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

On one side we'd like to see murderers, rapists, assailants and brutal thief's rather being shot dead on spot than arrested and freed again a little later, but then, on the other side, there are laws which are meant to protect those which may not be guilty and these can not be respected if we follow suite to above urges.
    Sure, somebody shots at me or kills somebody close to me and I get his hide in return... I'd drag what's left of him thru the mud and couldn't feel a bit inhumane about it and I expect whom ever I'd shot at or who's buddy I killed to treat me none better if they'd get me. But then, that's when we approach anarchy or the rule of the strongest.

I don't know really which side(s) to take here... I can understand the police and them being nervous in a hostile environment... but then, may God forbid they'd just tossed the wrong folks into that pickup truck... because if there still was a breath of life in them, guilty or not, they will won't make it.

I think the message to US and most everybody is to consciously stay not just out but AWAY from trouble, since it would not seem an enjoyable experience to be mistaken guilty of any like this in this country!

... J-D.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast