Cabarete Gym?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Is there a good gym in Cabarete. I know the 2 main ones in Sosua.
Could you tell me where those two are, exactly? I will be in Sosua, soon, and would like the option of getting my work-outs done while on vacation.

:glasses:

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
sosua gym

The gym I like in Sosua best is up on the main highway heading toward Cabarete just before the Tradewinds. It has plenty of freeweights and machines upstairs and aerobic equip down stairs.

J

John Evans

the other one - one turns left at the la mulata carwash then left at the end of the road and its the first building on the right - newer equipment but ive never been to it so i dont know the current price

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Thanks!

6em807.gif

J

John Evans

the directions were from shloshua direction by the way

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
The one off the highway is called Goldenpark and the one on the end of Pedro Clisante is called D'Luis.

As of now there are no real gyms in Cabarete - I've heard you can pay a fee at Viva Tangerine and use their gym, but have never checked it out. There is at least one full service gym planned for Cabarete in the near future, probaby one or two more as well, but that doesn't help anyone looking for one NOW! ;)

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
cabarete gym

Thanks...as I am planning my 7 week stay and have been a regular in Sosua for the past 4 years and a gym is part of my early morning routine.....I was told there was a big Gold's in Cabarete.....

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Viva Tangerine the best

Check out the gym at Viva Tangerine in Cabarete, that is where we go, clean, cool and brand new equipment. You will enjoy...

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Thanks...as I am planning my 7 week stay and have been a regular in Sosua for the past 4 years and a gym is part of my early morning routine.....I was told there was a big Gold's in Cabarete.....

definitely not... there is a rumor around that they are opening a Gold's Gym inside the Sosua Ocean Village development, just up the road from Goldenpark...but that would put three gyms withing about a half mile radius of each other.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003

Hey there my friend :) Viva Tangerine, that was the one I was thinking about, located on the beach. Read the post above... I pick u up at the airport...

mike.n.amy

Jun 4, 2007
We work out at the Viva Tangerine in Cabarete. It's the only gym we've found in Cabarete but prices are comparable to US gyms, surprisingly enough.

Per Person Prices current as of May 1st:
One Time Join Fee $50 US
Monthly Fee $1000 pesos

There's no such thing as a couple discount - prices are per person. Also, they want you to provide your own passport size photo for your ID card. We found that hilarious, but ended up bringing a color photocopy of our ID and they did a cut/paste. :)

Also, hours are a little funky. 8am - 1pm and 4pm - 8pm. Closed from 1pm - 4pm each day.

They recently changed the rules so no flip-flops are allowed...sneakers only.

I think those are the main points. It's a nice but small gym. Clean, cool enough, good music (in my opinion).

Equipment they have:
Free Weights (up to 60 pound dumbbells if memory serves)
Floating benches
Arm curl bench
Smith Machine
Leg Press
Cable Machine
Calf Machine
Pec Deck
Machine for leg curls & extensions
Standing Ab/Adduction Machine
Roman Chair
2 Spin Cycles
1 Std Bike
1 Stairclimber
Jump Ropes, 2 Exercise Stretch Balls, lots of stretching/yoga mats

Bathrooms are clean and have showers and there's a sauna that I haven't tried.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.