Idiot with SUPER Loud Music HELP

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
I have been living in the nice quiet area for about 2.5 years now. All of a sudden last week this Idiot starts playing music loud. I Mean LOUD. I have lived in the DR for 3 years and I have heard loud music before but this is wickedly loud.
The first night it lasted for about 1 hour and we didnt say anything figuring it was a passing thing. The next night it started again so I went over there to explain that we have a 2 month old baby in our house and that it is so loud that you cannot hear the TV. He was sitting on his gallery with his feet hp and basically waved his too hands to tell me to go to H*LL .
This isn't only me but also about 50-100 other people who are having their lives upset by this every night. I mean we live in a pretty decent neighbourhood. Small kids and infants and older people as well. Everyone is Peed off.
So we began to call the police, Us and several of our neighbours.
the police went their the first night and after they got there he moved the 4 x 4 with the Humongous speakers inside is "garage" which is all open as well and continued to play the muic.
I mean my House SHAKES. It is incredible.
When we called back they said because he moved the truck off the street, and into the house that there is nothing that the police could do and as a matter of fact he challenged them to come inside.
On about the 5th night of this we got together with a couple of neighbours (after we all called the police one by one) and we went to the Fiscals house and he said to talk to the police Captain and that there was nothing that he could do.

We are getting the typical runaround where the police say that they can't go in or arrest the guy without the Fiscal and the Fiscal is saying that we need to talk to the police captain to get something done.

I want to go there and ram a car into his Speakers and then I think it would be a lot of fun to EGG his jeep tonight and every night that he does it !

Any one had this happen or any suggestions?
I mean this guy has complete disregard for everyone around him and we heard him screaming at the cops that they should be happy that he isn't out shooting people instead.

Aren't there any laws that the police have on the books.

It is really aggravating and frustrating and invasive.
One iof the neighbours said he is Campesino and wants to "show-off" his new Jeep and sound system. I wish he would go do iton the farm !
And this isnt your typical truck drives by blasting out the messages thing. It IS that loud but can last up to 2 or 3 hours !

HELP !!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
As a foreigner, you may be better off not getting involved and letting the Dominicans take care of it. They will.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Progress

...Aren't there any laws that the police have on the books.
Of course, there are laws:
Ley No. 287-04 sobre Prevenci?n, Supresi?n y Limitaci?n de Ruidos Nocivos y Molestos que producen contaminaci?n sonora.

But, depending on who the guy is ("hijo de papi"), you might as well move out.

Until this guy gets on Dominican nerves you'd be in a nut house already.
Enjoy the 'culture'...

m'frog

Feb 7, 2007
That's why it is important to have connections and know lots of people from different spheres of life here.

To either "force" the forces (police, fiscal) into doing something or to help you do "maldad".

But it is a good advsie to not get directly AND visibly involved. If you do things invisibly, OK. Let you move the cards and let other people do the job itself.

Feb 7, 2007
Junta de Vecinos - is a recognized political tool in this country. Get your Junta de Vecinos together. If JDV complains to fiscal, he has to listen. He has to listen more than if just one or two or three of you come separately. If the president of JDV comes in, they ahve to, and WILL listen.

As was said, dominicans have a way of doing things. Just yesterday my friend told me, that about 3 years ago their JDV decided there would be no Haitians living in their barrio. And believe what! They left! They found a way to force them out, sell their houses, and be gone!

So reunite your neigbors, call in JDV make official declaration and let JDV act on it!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Is this a neighborhood of apartment buildings or homes?

Do people rent or own?

Before you take any matters into your own hands, make sure you know who this person is. If he is a campesino that just got his hands on some money and decided to buy a truck with a loud system, he may be a criminal and could very well have connections to the very police you are complaining to.

Is he living alone? Does he work? Do people around the neighborhood know him, or did he just recently move there?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Of course, there are laws:
Ley No. 287-04 sobre Prevenci?n, Supresi?n y Limitaci?n de Ruidos Nocivos y Molestos que producen contaminaci?n sonora.

But, depending on who the guy is ("hijo de papi"), you might as well move out.

Until this guy gets on Dominican nerves you'd be in a nut house already.
Enjoy the 'culture'...

m'frog
Also, Ley General sobre Medio Ambiente y Recursos Naturales (64-00) Titulo III Capitulo VII Art. 114 :
environment_Noise_Article.jpg

megabiteme

[ - Mute Button -] Click!
Jan 9, 2008
got money??

I have been living in the nice quiet area for about 2.5 years now. All of a sudden last week this Idiot starts playing music loud. I Mean LOUD. I have lived in the DR for 3 years and I have heard loud music before but this is wickedly loud.
The first night it lasted for about 1 hour and we didnt say anything figuring it was a passing thing. The next night it started again so I went over there to explain that we have a 2 month old baby in our house and that it is so loud that you cannot hear the TV. He was sitting on his gallery with his feet hp and basically waved his too hands to tell me to go to H*LL .
This isn't only me but also about 50-100 other people who are having their lives upset by this every night. I mean we live in a pretty decent neighbourhood. Small kids and infants and older people as well. Everyone is Peed off.
the police went their the first night and after they got there he moved the 4 x 4 with the Humongous speakers inside is "garage" which is all open as well and continued to play the muic.
When we called back they said because he moved the truck off the street, and into the house that there is nothing that the police could do and as a matter of fact he challenged them to come inside.
On about the 5th night of this we got together with a couple of neighbours (after we all called the police one by one) and we went to the Fiscals house and he said to talk to the police Captain and that there was nothing that he could do.

We are getting the typical runaround where the police say that they can't go in or arrest the guy without the Fiscal and the Fiscal is saying that we need to talk to the police captain to get something done.

I want to go there and ram a car into his Speakers and then I think it would be a lot of fun to EGG his jeep tonight and every night that he does it !

I mean this guy has complete disregard for everyone around him and we heard him screaming at the cops that they should be happy that he isn't out shooting people instead.

One iof the neighbours said he is Campesino and wants to "show-off" his new Jeep and sound system. I wish he would go do iton the farm !
And this isnt your typical truck drives by blasting out the messages thing. It IS that loud but can last up to 2 or 3 hours !

HELP !!!!!!!!

PAY THE POLICE!!! MONEY TALKS AROUND HERE! MAYBE GIVE THE COP 600-1000 PESOS AND SEE IF HE TURNS INTO A SUPERCOP! GOOD LUCK...

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Maybe your neighbours also know of a couple of truck drivers who would be happy to hem him in tightly when he takes his SUV out 'shopping' one day?? Steam rollers would be better of course, but you don't get a couple of those in one place unless there is a huelga taking place!! ~ Grahame.

Feb 7, 2007
After talking this with some Dominican friends tonight:

Go to media!

Go to media!

and I repeat

Go to media!

Does your city have local investigative program? For example here in Higuey we have "Alexander" - a very famous local investigative journalist, and his daily program "Los Hechos como Son". Grab the local media attention. They go, they film, they air. They ask for responses from local authorities. ... nothing happens... they film again, they air, and they DEMAND responses from local authorities.

Also, go to La Zeta 101. Look up the phone number for Z101 FM and call Gobierno de la Manana and Gobierno de la Tarde. Go visit them in their live broadcast (they let people from the street talk about their unreoslved and pressing issues - at about 7pm). Ask Dona Consuelo for help. You can be left assured there "ARE" authorities listening to that program and they "DO" act... if not, la Zeta grills them to death!

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
One more clear example of why you should never BUY a real property in Dominican Republic but RENT only.
Trying to regain quiet sleep for your baby may cost you your life very easy.

If place is rented - just move on. To where your life will be good again.

If you (or any one else) touch his jeepeta he will kill YOU, because he knows that YOU were angry at him and at his music.

Welcome to DR! It is not neither Boston nor Philly.

HELP !!!!!!!!

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Its only been a week. The domincans will take care of this. As a collective group they have the contacts to handle it, you probably don't.

drny

Jun 12, 2007
Forget the Dominicans, because they loves loud music.

Although there may be some truth to most stereotypes, that's still a very ignorant comment. Listening to loud music in your home is one thing. One defiant fool disturbing an otherwise calm neighborhood is a different matter entirely.

Skippy1

Feb 21, 2008
The music you say is coming from the jeepeta?

I think I might just pay a ladron to tourch it with some regular and a lighted match.
Better still get the whole residency to all line up outside his garage to watch it so he doesn't know who did it. I would move out first though.

The IRA had a good weapon which consisted of a balloon filled with petrol and firework makes quite a mess of your average 4x4 if placed under the fuel tank. or engine bay.

Skippy1

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I agree that you must go through legal channels to sort this problem out, i am not any help on who to talk to, and i hope this situation resolves itself soon. However one word of advice, quite recently in La Otra Banda near Higuey two men complained to their neighbour about his loud music, he refused to listen so they went to the police. The police went to the house in question with the men, i am not quite sure what happened next but all i know is both men were shot dead by this man with a shotgun in front of the police!! What has happened as a result since i do not know, but allthough i do not mean to scare you, i just want to warn you that these scum will not take action against them lightly. I really hope you find someone who will sort this problem out but make sure you are one of plenty of people willing to complain officially so you are not singled out and therefore targeted. Good luck!

Maybe you could find a supped up jeepeta yourself or rig up a seriosly load system yourself and when all is quiet in his house play a satanic worship cd or worse a barry manalow cd!