OMG - can you believe this?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
At last we got the local Dominican guy to release his pathetic Rottweiler which was given to him about 3/ 4 months ago... she is heartbreaking to say the least. We will do everything we can to save her and have applied flea powder, wormer and Amoxicillin and pain killer tonight but I am still very scared for her. We are now trying to get a good vet here tomorrow. As usual I am relying on Rocky to post the pics for me but don't look if it offends you.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
I'm glad to hear you have been involved in another rescue whirleybird.
Good for you...and the pooch. So sad to see/ hear of a neglected animal.
I hope all turns out well for everybody.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
1F5.jpg

1F6.jpg

1F7.jpg

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I don't wish to be unkind, and not sure if this is really DR related as such, because there are cases of animal neglect and cruelty all over the world and, in most instances, DR animals look quite fit and healthy... we just seem to live close to ones which are abused and, yes, it makes me very angry.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Poor thing, she looks a lot like my Chanel... Now that she's in good hands, I'm sure she'll recuperate very quickly. Just go easy and give her time to heal up and fill out and she'll be healthy in no time.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
There has been minor improvement already I am glad to say - she is eating all her food and even wagged what she has when Charlie went to her this morning. We have the "technology" and will perservere with restoring her to a healthy animal if possible though she may have a few 'scars'. We can only do our best...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Peggy is doing well, we called her Peggy cos she is going to have a limp or no use of 1 leg but the rest of her is improving daily and she is so pleased to see you when you visit her as you can see
SashaKonaandPeggyafter9dayshere005.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
Taken from this blog: Steps&Stories ? Oh Expats

He traveled the world for over 20 years, and finally settled in the Dominican
Republic. About getting a basic clue in a country he said:
“To check the price level of a country, buy a Coke. To get an idea about the people in a country, see how they treat their dogs.”

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
She's looking great!!! Looks like a happy dog too. Does she have any doggie friends to play around with? After my rottie got her hips operated on, I got her a chihuahua to keep her company. It's made her grow young and she's now more active than before!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
She's looking great!!! Looks like a happy dog too. Does she have any doggie friends to play around with? After my rottie got her hips operated on, I got her a chihuahua to keep her company. It's made her grow young and she's now more active than before!

We are going to give her a bit longer solo in the kennels and just with several short wanders a day before integrating her into the 'gang' ... we have 10 other dogs of varying types, i.e. a German Shepherd, 3 black Labs (brought from England when we came here), another Rottie, 4 rescued Dominican dogs and a Ridgeback plus of course our 2 cats and pet lamb, Archie so she will have plenty of friends to play with when she is stronger.