Orange Cellular Service Out?

chadverizon

Apr 2, 2005
All day my Orange cell phone has said, "no network connection." A few other friends are having the same problem. Any news?

krwilson

Apr 18, 2008
I dropped by their office in Sosua, and was told that the heavy rain had caused some damage. The girl told me it would be up again within 2 hours............this was at 11AM today.........ha ha. Apparently affecting the entire north coast, maybe more.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
I wonder whether this has been something that has been building up for some time. The Orange network has been having a lot of problems recently in the North Coast area. Thandie and I have both started threads on this. IMO they have not the equipment in place to deal with the amount of users and the traffic on the network.

Rio

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Orange is working in SD and the southwest areas of the country. It appears to be a North Coast problem.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Same thing in Las Terrenas... No Orange network :(

Thank God Internet Flash is still here :)

flo

Apr 11, 2006
orange has been offline now for more then 24 hours in sosua and puerto plata at least, if they will ever come back online, what will the users get from orange, as new laws say the user needs to be compensated for the offline time.

Coralia

Mar 30, 2007
www.myspace.com
Verizon have problems too

I have Orange too but seems that Claro/Verizon have the same problem since last night around 10 PM...wow...we here in Sosua/the North coast can only communicate true cyber space...LOL...hopefully they will fix it soon...keep fingers crossed..:bunny:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have Orange too but seems that Claro/Verizon have the same problem since last night around 10 PM...wow...we here in Sosua/the North coast can only communicate true cyber space...LOL...hopefully they will fix it soon...keep fingers crossed..:bunny:

Centennial is working fine in the area. So not all cells are down.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I hadn't seen this thread (only the Jodetel thread), so after having been without Orange cell service for 24 hrs now, I started to suspect that maybe my last payment had not been accounted for correctly and my service suspended and called the help line from a land line around noon today.

I was told that Orange North service is down and they are working on it, but not given any estimate of time.

... J-D

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
reboot periodically!

If your phone still shows NO service, it would seem advisable to turn it OFF and ON again (reboot). I just did that et voila... I'm back online... only that those I wanted to call still aren't!

... J-D.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Don't you just loooove DR1. Thanks J D Sauser. I just did what you said, and yessss, my phone is now working!!!! Now, can you get the cable to work here in POP????

UP_time

Aug 16, 2003
Orange still not working here in Cotui or La Mata.
But on the bright side, we now have 24 hours of (LUZ) !
Now its time to sell the inverter!

John

kellyjfisch

Mar 30, 2008
Text Messages?

I have been trying to call my friend for two days now and cannot get through. However, I was wondering if he would be able to receive the text messages that I have been sending him over the past 48 hours??

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
I have been trying to call my friend for two days now and cannot get through. However, I was wondering if he would be able to receive the text messages that I have been sending him over the past 48 hours??

I dont think so - the network is down - nothing seems to be getting through in some areas.

Waiting for updates....

Rio

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004

No, text messages are nor able to be viewed either unfortunately.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Are you back on?

North Coast people - the silence is deafening!!

Is Orange back up and running yet - or are you too busy catching up with your phone calls? :p

Rio