please help we need advice

LeeMNovak

May 4, 2008
please help we need advice

We (6 person family from US) are traveling to the Coconut Palm Resort in July 2008, it is located in Cabrete, they tell me the closest airport is Puerto Plata (POP)

We are finding the cost to fly to Santo Domingo is (SDQ) much less than flying into (POP), Yes dad is pay for all adult children, so cost is a factor.

i have heard rumor that there is a private charter plane service that can fly us to (POP) and return us to (SDQ)
or a DR carrier that flies up and back POP to SDQ daily

Can anyone local, please tell me the name and phone number of this charter service or airline?

thank you for your consideration

Lee Novak email: leemnovak@hotmail.com
Las Vegas Nevada USA
my phone: sorry dont know our country code -702-568-9472

Thank You

Last edited:

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
the link to domestic flights in the DR is Home there is another but you will need to searech for it or maybe someone else will provide the link... good luck and have fun on your vacation

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
.......We are finding the cost to fly to Santo Domingo is (SDQ) much less than flying into (POP),.........

What is the cost savings of flying into SDQ? The savings may not offset the additional cost of transpo to POP, not to mention the lost vacation time.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It will cost about $200 US one way for each person to fly to POP. You can take a taxi to Caribe Tours, which is a bus, to Sosua for much less.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
I think the cost on Caribe Tours 12 about $12 US per person. One way. Busses are great, but it takes about 4-5 hours. If you don't speak Spanish, It may be harder, but you will see the country and save a lot of money.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I sent you a long email with 4 options....take a look at it and see what is most convenient for you and the family...

HB

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I think the cost on Caribe Tours 12 about $12 US per person. One way. Busses are great, but it takes about 4-5 hours. If you don't speak Spanish, It may be harder, but you will see the country and save a lot of money.

The cost from SD to Sosua is about $8 or $9 dollars each, one way. No Spanish is necessary other than going to the ticket window and saying Sosua.

When you get to Sosua there are taxis right there. Just say the name of the hotel and you will be there in about 12 minutes. Do not pay more than $15 or $20 US tops.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
With six people, you may be able to find a taxi (van) to take you for a fairly reasonable amount. I know there are some recommended taxi services here in the archives...

You also should check flights into Santiago (STI). A taxi from there should be under $100...