Costambar and Sosua bar hopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovenDR

May 4, 2008
Hi

This is my first post and I'm very excited to hear from the experts.
I'll be in Sosua/Costambar in a few months and wanted to know which are the best bars to visit in each area. I know the Sosua favorites, Rockys and Eddys, but need a few more to round each night.
I definitely do not want to visit an expat place each night - the reason for my trip is to see DR the way it really is. I want to meet local, dance, do what they do.
Here is my hotel agenda, which is yet to be booked.
Sept 26th Septh 29th- Barba Negros - just in time to see the bikini contest
Sept 29th Oct 4th- Rockys.
PS - I'm not a chica hound but don't mind them if they are there.
Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

les1

Feb 1, 2007
I'm confused, you're not a Chica Hound but are booked in for 3 nights at Blackbeard Adult Resort, AND you want to take part in the Dominican way of life AND you choose to go to Costambar and Sousa! You are pretty much guaranteed to not get the "dominican" experience and to get an authentic Sanky Panky one.

Try Constanza.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Hi

I definitely do not want to visit an expat place each night - the reason for my trip is to see DR the way it really is. I want to meet local, dance, do what they do.
Here is my hotel agenda, which is yet to be booked.
Sept 26th Septh 29th- Barba Negros - just in time to see the bikini contest

I can see an interesting trip taking place - you seem to have done your homework!

;)

Rio

lovenDR

May 4, 2008
Thank you Rio for the nice comment.

Les1 - I'm going to BB's for the bikini contest, plus looking at some chicas is on list as well but not #1 on my to do list.
What is in Constanza? Are there nice places to stay and what is the local vibe?

Status
Not open for further replies.