Absolute cheapest way to DR from Fla.

luke2

May 5, 2008
Hey, I am looking for the absolute cheapest way to travel to Dominican Republic from Florida, including ferries, shipping lines, charter flights, student discounts etc. Any advice or links would be wonderfully helpful thanks!
-david

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Spirit has a $9 Club. They have specials from FLL and Orlando (Like 1? ORL-FLL!!!) and then 19 dollars or something equally ridiculous to SDQ or Punta Cana.

I like them, some don't. See their website for all of the little things you need to know, like checking luggage for $5 on line versus $10 at the counter...

You do not fly at the best of times, but you get where you are going and you get there cheaper.

HB

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
American Airlines has fare specials. The downside is that they are on short notice. The departure and destination airports vary, but you can sign up for an e-mail from them with their special fares. Sometimes as low as $99 roundtrip, and airports can be Ft Lauderdale, Orlando, etc and going to any of the airports in the DR.

Right now, they have a fare of $168 leaving Fort Lauderdale to Santo Domingo with departure as early as 06 May, with latest return of 29 May.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Spirit has a $9 Club. They have specials from FLL and Orlando (Like 1? ORL-FLL!!!) and then 19 dollars or something equally ridiculous to SDQ or Punta Cana.

I like them, some don't. See their website for all of the little things you need to know, like checking luggage for $5 on line versus $10 at the counter...

You do not fly at the best of times, but you get where you are going and you get there cheaper.

HB

Hey Hillbilly:

I like Spririt as well.

The price changed to $10 online vs $20 at the counter.

Also, $2.00 drinks (from water to coffee!!!).

Just don't take any flights that have a connecting flight less than 2 hours apart. (just in case something happens, you can miss your connecting flight and Spirit will not put you up in a hotel!!!););)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
My friend just flew yesterday from Ft. Laud. to Santo Domingo returning Thursday for $247 RT. Includes all taxes. Spirit Airlines.