Current Extra Living Costs in Cabarete

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
If anyone would be so kind as to give me some approximates on the following costs currently in Cabarete...it's been almost 2 years since I lived on the North Coast, and I have never lived Cabarete.

A friend of mine is interested in renting a Townhouse there for a year or so.

The townhouse is medium sized, with 2 bedrooms and a small jacuzzi in the backyard. It is apparently across from a development called Ocean Dream. (If anyone is familiar with those Townhouses, I would also appreciate a PM.) There is A/C and all standard Kitchen appliances.

For 2 ppl living there what would you estimate the costs to be for

-Moderate - High Electricity Use
-Moderate - High Water Use
-Trash Pick Up
-Cable vs. Satellite costs

I know 2 yrs ago in POP a motoconcho to anywhere within the city pretty much was 20 pesos. But I believe the gas price has since gone up. Any idea on motoconcho prices within Cabarete?

Transportation from Caberete to Sousa, and Caberete to Puerto Plata by Guagua, Motoconcho, Carro Publico & Taxi?

Are grocery costs approx the same in Cabarete as they would be in POP?

Thanks in advance for your assistance and help!!! I told my friend DR1 is def. the best place to get any info ;)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Sent you a PM to get to Ocean Dream web site as well as looking at a couple of rentals in the DR1 Rental section.

Hope it helps. Ringo

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Thanks Ringo.

Actually the Townhouse they are looking to rent is across from Ocean Dream, not Ocean Dream itself.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I can't for the life of me think what they'd be referring to across from Ocean Dream. There's the entrance to Callejon de la Loma, a couple of hardware stores, a chicken place, and a car dealer. Whatever it is must be back from the main road a bit.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Ok..I'm not sure more specifics as to the location, that's just what my friend told me when describing it. I'll see if he can get some more specifics.

Looking more to find out if anyone can give some approx ballpark figures on the electricity, water, cable/satellite, garbage pick up..etc.

Depending on how much those could run would determine if he wants to get more info on the place I guess.

Thanks in advance!!! :)

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
p.s. And I am also interested to hear what these extra costs could run on the North Coast, cuz when I last lived in POP, everything was included in my monthly rental price. So I really have no idea....

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
They have built some new places in La Loma. My understanding is they are very basic. Have them check on the elect. May not be 24/7. The cost for elect. is pretty high. Moto Has gone up to about 50 peso's unless you know one.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
There are 6 townhouses inside the callejon de la loma...across rom Ocean Dream. I heard a few things when they were first built about electric and water problems, but they've probably (hopefully) been repaired by now.

Groceries should be about the same as POP, there are several small markets, and Supermercado Janets, which has a pretty good selection of everything.

Motos are probably 20 pesos for short trips, 40 for longer (within Cabarete). To Sosua or Pto Pta - I wouldn't recommend it...Gua Gua I think is 30 pesos to Sosua and another 30 to Pto Pta. A taxi is about 300-500 pesos to Sosua, double that to Pto Pta.

Electric will probably run between $100-200 USD/month
Water should be minimal, if not included - same with trash.

I believe cable is 500 pesos per month, no idea about Satellite.

Hope this helps.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Excellent! Thanks for the replies oriole100 & DavidZ.

I find that interesting about the price of a concho...although as mentioned I have never personally lived or spent much time in Caberete....I used to live in POP, where 2 years ago 20 pesos would take you pretty much anywhere in the city. But I was wondering how the gas prices would affect that...

And I will have them check if there is a generator or invertor...

Once again...just the info I was looking for Thanks!! :)