Life in Cabrera

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Hello -

My boyfriend and I have spent the past month or so applying to schools throughout the Dominican Republic (as you may know from reading some of my previous posts). We have recently accepted a position working at La Academia Internacional de Cabrera, as part of The Vacation for a Purpose Foundation. We are very excited and think it is going to be an amazing experience. We chose this school for several reasons. Those reasons are the school itself, their project-based teaching philosophy, the lovely founders of Vacation for a Purpose, the experience we will gain, and certainly everything we have heard about the town of Cabrera. We were looking for a small, quiet town and I believe that is what we have found.

I'm actually posting to check if anyone is currently living or has lived in Cabrera in the past? If so, I would love to hear your opinion of Cabrera, your favourite things about the town, least favourite, even great spots to grab a bite to eat, best places to buy your groceries, or anything else you can think of. I'd be interested in anything you have to share. Thanks so much!!