Buying Votes with Subsidies?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
From the latest issue of "Subsidy Watch" of the Global Subsidies Initiative (GSI):

Government spending takes centre stage in Dominican election campaign
With presidential elections taking place later this month, the government of the Dominican Republic has announced a slate of new subsidy schemes that the opposition are labeling ill-conceived election posturing.

Global Subsidies Initiative

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Oh Gee, I don't know....
50/60 thousand students with RD$500 credit cards. Hundreds of thousands with Comer es Primero credits; two million gallons of diesel fuel for transport syndicates at un taxed prices, propane at RD$59.95 for more than three months since they do not dare cross the RD$60 peso mark for fear of rebellion, Gazillions in propane subsidies so taxis and publicos can drive around on the cheap, more gasillions so the {poor" can have electricity...

What do you think??

And when the "reality" a.k.a. Sh!t, hits the fan???? What will happen to the economy...?

Duh..

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I just saw the cards los Blancos are giving out to that are worth RD2000 if they win.

Sometimes I think we are still in the stone ages here, good grief.

Skippy1

Feb 21, 2008
those that entice, lure and con the voters do not need to worry. after the election prices will rise and the money recovered from the next disaster fund. and inflation will increase until they accept the principle of you nothing for nothing.
work = money
more work = more money.
education = jobs
jobs = revenue.
revenue = tax
tax = less money
less money = need to work harder.
welcome to the western world treadmill.

skippy1