thats what friends are for

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Evans

heres a question - someone asks to be your friend on this new system thingy- what do you do if you dont want to be ? do you risk the wrath of having all your posts poo pooed (is that a word)or just grin and accept it- do they know that you have declined and do you need to give a reason...if you accept people will think this person is a friend of yours ! its a mine field - has anyone been declined friendship ? - actually ive never asked in case i get turned down lol

KaliEyes

May 1, 2008
I think you're putting WAY too much thought into this.

It's not a complex thing really.

As I said in another post, the friend tools here are just tools to make navigating around the forum easier, easier to find a specific member and their posts.

And if you do "decline" someone's friendship I don't think your posts are going to get "poo pooed" over it.

Remember, we are all here to learn, discuss, share information, enjoy each other's company, help each other and have fun. This is not a place where revenge needs to take place. If you're thinking about this topic in such depth, I suggest you re-evaluate your reason for being part of this forum - no offense.

Many people take things too personal, but as many members have stated many times, people disagree in this world all the time - countries go to war over it - here, on the forum, if someone disagrees with you or doesn't like you....you're not going to have a missel sent your way.

Worse comes to worse for you...there is the "ignore" button for those you don't like, don't want to deal with, don't want to read their posts and then YOU don't have to worry so much.

Good luck to you, and please, for your own sake, sleep well tonight withOUT thoughts of DR1!

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Fear of rejection, John? Don't worry about it. I don't think anyone will hold it against you if you do not approve their request. At least I don't for all those who have ignored my friendship requests so far.. :cheeky::paranoid::(:cry:

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
heres a question - someone asks to be your friend on this new system thingy- what do you do if you dont want to be ? do you risk the wrath of having all your posts poo pooed (is that a word)or just grin and accept it- do they know that you have declined and do you need to give a reason...if you accept people will think this person is a friend of yours ! its a mine field - has anyone been declined friendship ? - actually ive never asked in case i get turned down lol
John, will you be my friend? :paranoid:

But seriously, your semi-neurotic post--and I mean that in a nice way--had me chuckling. :cheeky:

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I don't take rejection very well, so you must all approve my requests!! lol...:eek:

can we get some sound on here, so i can start sending subliminal messages!!

Last edited:

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I have to admit i can get a little koo-koo....for the most part, i'm loveable!!

and so are you John!!

KaliEyes

May 1, 2008
cooo....coooo...koooo.....kooooo....

senorita pyscho sexy I am, I AM...lol......

best I stop drinkin' sooner than later or these posts could become too much!

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006

:paranoid:

On reading this I felt feelings of paranoia creeping up......

Now I am wondering if you have said Yes when you really wanted to say No.
You can change your mind if you like....

I'll get over it......... really........ I will ......:cry:

Rio

Apologies if this is a duplicate post, wrote it once, posted it and it disappeared..... completely paranoid now....

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I don't really see the point of this feature. I probably won't be sending out friend requests but so far I've accepted the ones I've received.

J

John Evans

I wish you'd stop ganging up on me and calling me paranoid .....lol

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I don't really see the point of this feature. I probably won't be sending out friend requests but so far I've accepted the ones I've received.

I kind of agree with you.

What we are seeing are more social networking features being added.
Groups, tag clouds, friend lists etc.

KaliEyes

May 1, 2008
I would find it difficult to dismiss the concerns of the original poster after reading this thread.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/74508-ill-let-board-decide-fate-idiot.html

So, are you saying that John's concerns are valid because of the person(s) involved in the BS antics on this other thread link you have posted?

I suppse there's more BS here than I have yet to be exposed to.

My goodness some people have WAY too much time on their hands, and I'm not speaking of John. Why in the world are people like this? Is there personal satisfaction and gratification in being harrassing to others on a FORUM? I mean I know some people feel macho when they threaten others in real life, usually it's sign of insecurities and their own fears. However, I just don't get it when it occurs in a forum. Without judgement on those involved in the BS...I hope the whole situation has been or does get taken care of.

John, if your concerns are because of that type of situation, my apologies at minimizing your concerns. I didn't realize that stuff was going on, which, yes, in fact gives you reason to question your actions when friend requests are sent to you.

Know that no matter what, I will never be so cruel as to make anyone here feel as though I see them as inferior to me. In the event anyone ever gets that impression in an outgoing post of mine, pleasel let me know that I've in fact given that impression.

As I said, I'm not here for the drama, I'm here for all the good this place has to offer...I hope the majority is!

Reactions: wuarhat

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
So, are you saying that John's concerns are valid because of the person(s) involved in the BS antics on this other thread link you have posted?

Yes, that's what I was thinking.

I suppse there's more BS here than I have yet to be exposed to.

My goodness some people have WAY too much time on their hands, and I'm not speaking of John. Why in the world are people like this? Is there personal satisfaction and gratification in being harrassing to others on a FORUM? I mean I know some people feel macho when they threaten others in real life, usually it's sign of insecurities and their own fears. However, I just don't get it when it occurs in a forum. Without judgement on those involved in the BS...I hope the whole situation has been or does get taken care of.

John, if your concerns are because of that type of situation, my apologies at minimizing your concerns. I didn't realize that stuff was going on, which, yes, in fact gives you reason to question your actions when friend requests are sent to you.

Know that no matter what, I will never be so cruel as to make anyone here feel as though I see them as inferior to me. In the event anyone ever gets that impression in an outgoing post of mine, pleasel let me know that I've in fact given that impression.

I myself don't believe there was any such intent on your part.

As I said, I'm not here for the drama, I'm here for all the good this place has to offer...I hope the majority is!

I think that what you are hoping for is the case for the vast majority, and thanks for your thoughtful response to my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.