few questions ...

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
I have been looking through this website for MONTHS now and I never really got into posting. but I see how everyone is very helpful and thought I'd get to it.:squareeye

I'm 21 years old, my parents have been wanting to move here for years and finally decided to make the move. I always said I wasn't joining them, but, due to some personal issued I had back in November and in the last 2yrs, I finally realize the guy I've been on and off with for 7yrs is IT, so randomnly I said I was coming too... well I've been here since December. I am not working/studying I'm helping out my mother who has always sold clothes and accessories. I have a few questions & concerns

I love it here, but how couldnt I, I'm leeching off my parents
I cant look for a job until my whole family is here in june and I dont have to take care of her little business. I can however, possibly work somewhere 1-2 times a week or think up some form of making money myself. i have many skills i can do ANYTHIN with a PC.. fix..break lmao... design stuff...but i do not have a degree or anythin of the sort.... any ideas

I didnt mention this before but I am living in Bani.

I also was goin to try to get my citizenshp and was following what was posted here and it seemed too easy. according to some lawyer friend of my mothers it is not an easy process and it is quite expensive.

I wanted to know if I would be able to work in DR without DRpapers
maybe for an american company or maybe if I were to speak with my boss or something.

to those living here already. how do you manage to make worthwhile friendships. I'm young, and my parents are extremely old fashioned, and the girls around here turn h0es at 13 and I just dont want to deal with stupid chics and here they are either h0es or stuck up.........so its a problem...
and guy friends . as always. only want ass or have other intentions. and i have a bf so its a nono
do you guys have any tips~?

I am also getting very bored . theres not much to do but sit in a chair n talk the same crap. in bani there isnt as much to do as the capi. any ideas??

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
Although not a money making suggestion,how about volunteering your time (and computer skills)to a local school or social center?Hows your spanish?Lots of kids would be thrilled to have a computer pro visit them a couple of times a week!Bet the school would be just as thrilled!
Also have you been to Salinas?Only 15 minutes from Bani.Nice coastal town.A few restaurants too.Waitressing interest you?
Good Luck

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I can see you do have some issues.

And I hope a lot of other women read this, too. It shows you just how things really are.

Regarding this: I also was goin to try to get my citizenshp and was following what was posted here and it seemed too easy. according to some lawyer friend of my mothers it is not an easy process and it is quite expensive. That's pure Bullsh...

If you parents are Dominican you are Dominican. It is your constitutional right. All you need is your parent's passports or birth certificates;You need your own birth certificate; and then fill out a form and pay the taxes. Not expensive, not complicated.

I am sure that Mr. Guzman (In the legal Forum) can clarify this for you.

Next what to do..

You are right, Bani, while a lovely little city, the operative word is little, with a little mentality.
Think about what eastcoastmike suggested, and volunteer some time at the local school. I seriously doubt that there are computer gurus in Bani...

You could set up your own little school (for pay!!) with 4 or 5 PCs and teach the kids how to use them...three month courses, something short but to the point.

Finally, I want to add that your take on the local scene is being echoed around the country. I really do not know how to explain it...A friend of mine told me the other day that "things are so different" from when she was a child--and she's not even 30!!

Good Luck

HB

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
Although not a money making suggestion,how about volunteering your time (and computer skills)to a local school or social center?Hows your spanish?Lots of kids would be thrilled to have a computer pro visit them a couple of times a week!Bet the school would be just as thrilled!
Also have you been to Salinas?Only 15 minutes from Bani.Nice coastal town.A few restaurants too.Waitressing interest you?
Good Luck

that does sound like a good idea I have never thought of that...

nad yes i go to Bani like once every two weeks if not more LoL
i used to be white ll

waitressing is alright I guess it jus doesnt pay enough
and men are very very forward here...idk bout other women but I cannot go anywhere...dressed crappy or nice without remarks and hisses and alll... i can imagine ... workin as a waitress

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
I can see you do have some issues.

And I hope a lot of other women read this, too. It shows you just how things really are.

Regarding this: I also was goin to try to get my citizenshp and was following what was posted here and it seemed too easy. according to some lawyer friend of my mothers it is not an easy process and it is quite expensive. That's pure Bullsh...

If you parents are Dominican you are Dominican. It is your constitutional right. All you need is your parent's passports or birth certificates;You need your own birth certificate; and then fill out a form and pay the taxes. Not expensive, not complicated.

I am sure that Mr. Guzman (In the legal Forum) can clarify this for you.

Next what to do..

You are right, Bani, while a lovely little city, the operative word is little, with a little mentality.
Think about what eastcoastmike suggested, and volunteer some time at the local school. I seriously doubt that there are computer gurus in Bani...

You could set up your own little school (for pay!!) with 4 or 5 PCs and teach the kids how to use them...three month courses, something short but to the point.

Finally, I want to add that your take on the local scene is being echoed around the country. I really do not know how to explain it...A friend of mine told me the other day that "things are so different" from when she was a child--and she's not even 30!!

Good Luck

HB

i assumed what I had read on here about citizenship was accurate.. wat i assume is this lawyer was tryin to take advantage.. as well as sum lady who was tryin to charge me 2thou for translating my birth certif.... i still dont know if i will go thru wit it my question is if i can still find a job without the dr papers

the pc class sounds good. there are places liek that here tho hwith ppl who have their degree so i dbout i would have success doin that without one it is also a big $$$ amoutn of money to do that... so i dont t hink it would b a good i dea.............

and yes theres not much to do here
and im so assed out
my parents HAVE NEVER had me on lock down....
livin here..... im trapped...................
idk wat to do