UNO - United Nearshore Operations

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
A friend has asked about this company in Santiago. I know nothing about them. Anyone have any information, what kind of company are they? Where are they located? Anyone work there?

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I think I may have seen their offices in the mall in front of pricesmart. They're at the back on the second floor. I'm about 60% sure this is them.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
The are a call center owned by Jose D'Clase located in the D'Clase Free Zone in Gurabo. They have about 300 seats last I heard.

The one Adrian is talkiing about near PriceSmart is CallMax, if I am not mistaken.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Any idea of what the pay is like? What kind of a company they are to work for?

What about GlobCom as well? Any information on them? They are in Santiago as well.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Any idea of what the pay is like? What kind of a company they are to work for?

What about GlobCom as well? Any information on them? They are in Santiago as well.

Not too sure about GlobeCom, a prospective employee I recently interviewed claimed he left UNO because he felt like he was working in a sweatshop and 80 pesos an hour seemed low to him. Not saying that's what they are like or that that's what they pay, that's just what he told me. I have no particular reason to feel that he was lying, or that he was telling the truth either.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The pay averages 12,800 to 18,000 RD$ monthly based on position and time at the center.

The centers handle help desk services and related to a diverse gamut of corporations overseas. The more complicated the services offered, the higher the pay scale to employees. Given that the DR now lacks a highly technical labor force, most centers aim to provide simple tasks and low level support to those foreign companies.

They have Spanish/English/French support and some even German.

redstarx

Jun 16, 2008
Regarding UNO, the pay is depending on the project you work for. They have english and spanish projects and of course, english projects pay more than the spanish ones.

Currently the average pay for the english projects at UNO is 110 but you start off getting pay 65 per hour for the training period (normally 2-3 weeks). Once the training period has passed, you get paid 90 per hour for 3 months and then you get paid 110 per hour. There are other positions as a CSR that pay 120 per hour.

The pay is weekly which is great and you'll make a good 4k+ easily every week. Most employees make an average of 44 hours a week at 110 per hour which comes down to 4,840 per week and every hour after those 44 hours are counted as extra hours which are paid at a higher rate.

They also have a night-incentive program which allows you to make even more $$. If you're logged in until 12am or after, all the hours you worked during that day, are paid at an additional 15% more.

Compared to the other CallCenters in Satiago, I'd say UNO is one of the best paid jobs you'll find (english programs of course). I work there btw, and I have friends working in Vimenca, GlobeCom and Synergy and they're not too satisfied with their jobs because of different Issues. I'd suggest that you ask around to currently employees of those companies but I STRONGLY recommend that you ask about the english programs because the spanish ones, pay almost nothing. no matter which company it is.

AngeCaro

Aug 25, 2010
i sent a cv to United Nearshore operations
and yesterday they called me, they asked me three questions,
and they told they were going to call me to
a personal interview.
But... i didnt like too much the schedule that they told they have,
from 9 am to 7 pm AND fron 5pm to 11 pm ???