Reuters in DR election blooper

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I work for Reuters and just sent this to the editorial department.

Thanks.

Edited to say:

Better yet, I spoke to Tom directly (Journalist who published the story). It will be corrected shortly.

Last edited:

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Hmmm....

Wow. How many news outlets will have run with that one, I wonder.

And how many people will actually notice? ;)

Friday should be interesting. I am not so sure Leonel will take it in the first round (call it a gut feeling) and, in the event that things go to a second round, anything could happen.

RHM

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
And how many people will actually notice? ;)
Well, it's still there. Makes you wonder how many inaccuracies remain unnoticed in areas we are not familiar with.

Friday should be interesting. I am not so sure Leonel will take it in the first round (call it a gut feeling) and, in the event that things go to a second round, anything could happen.
Oh hell, I sincerely hope not. :ermm: If it does go to a second round, and Aristy backs MVM, would the numbers add up?

The PLD's only real enemy is their overconfidence and voter complacency, which might lead to some supporters not bothering to vote in the first round, but if that happens and they don't achieve the 50%+1 vote, they will redouble efforts to ensure that absolutely everyone votes in the second round.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
I just hope Mirador comes back to posting as soon as this election season come to an end.

edited to add: ..or was he banned?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Still there, despite El Tigre's direct approach to the writer, and my general feedback e-mail - the only response mechanism on the site.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
-So what's the deal with the "paramilitary" militia siding up with Miguel ?
-Do the PRD thugs want to flex their muscles ?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Still there, despite El Tigre's direct approach to the writer, and my general feedback e-mail - the only response mechanism on the site.

Yep. Don't know why it wasn't corrected. And to be honest it's quite disturbing TO ME. I left a voicemail for him and sent him another email saying "this is like saying Barrack Obama, presidential candidate for the REPUBLICANS." hopefully he gets the "message".

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I dropped a quick line to Thomas H. Glocer, Chief Executive Officer, Thomson Reuters; one of the Directors, Steven A. Denning, who is Chair of the Human Resources Committee and Devin Wenig, Chief Operating Officer. I sent the link to this thread.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
As of 2.30 pm Thurs no correction to article and no response to my email, not even an automated acknowledgement. Poor attention to detail by a news service which states that its 'Journalists are trained to inform a demanding clientele of finance professionals; they adhere to high standards of sourcing and fact-checking and always make sure to separate facts from rumors'
Trust Principles & Reuters News

If they can't even correct an error which has been pointed out via at least 3 separate routes (El Tigre, Chirimoya & me) forgive me if I remain somewhat cynical about their other claims.................

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Don't worry, nobody will notice, it's not like the story is carried globally anyway... :ermm:. At least here in the UK in the broadsheets nothing whatsoever on the Dominican elections yet....

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002