Need An Apartment In Santo Domingo

walshington

May 12, 2008
My husband and I are moving from the US to Santo Domingo in August and are looking for an aparment in the center of the city (Bella Vista, Enriquillo, Mirador Norte or Sur, Piantini, Naco, Evoristas Morales, Paraiso) in a walkable neighborhood that is convenient to public bus transport.

We need an apartment in the the RD $16,000-20,000 range.

Between now and August I will be taking two trips to SD and hope to find time to look for an apartment...My spanish is embarrassingly weak. ...Any tips?

Thanks so much for any insight you can offer!

walshington

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
for the amount you want to spend you can find a nice apt. lots of them. but that will be unfurnished. furnished are few and far between that are worth having. also, unfurnished means no stove and no refrigerator. those you will have to buy at double the prices of the US. unfurnished can also mean no AC. if the previous tenant owes anything to the electric co. getting connected could be a nightmare unless you want to pay any unpaid balance. i know, i know, this isn't fair, that must be illegal, how can they do that? don't sign anything until you see the last electric bill, stamped paid! welcome to the DR, don't worry you will have the best time of your life.