No alcohol beverage sale today. Yikexxx

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Maybe I haven't noticed before during elections but it seems, there is no alcoholic beverage sale in supermarkets all over DR. I feel sorry for the PRD chopos who were going to make some nose in the street, but now, without booze. Its bad enough miguel vargas will lose miserably tomorrow, now they have to endure the pain being sober. hahahahaha.
my prediction, Leonel will win in primera vuleta.
Viva PLD.
AZB

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I think No cockfighting either.
no gambling.

I think the alcohol ban is to avoid fights and problems during elections.

Its always been like that since i can remember.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Leonel will win in primera vuleta.....

....and not just by 50% + 1 vote either. He is riding the Metro to the promised land...........

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I bought beer here in Jarabacoa @ a supermercado this evening.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I bought beer here in Jarabacoa @ a supermercado this evening.

Driving back from Bonao to STI beer and Brugal was available everywhere.

cobraboy I spent the weekend in Jarabacoa at Pindar Dorado and had a really nice time. Jarabacoa is beautiful and the horseback ride to Baiguate Waterfalls was fantastic.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Driving back from Bonao to STI beer and Brugal was available everywhere.

cobraboy I spent the weekend in Jarabacoa at Pindar Dorado and had a really nice time. Jarabacoa is beautiful and the horseback ride to Baiguate Waterfalls was fantastic.
Let me know when you're in the area again...

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
We went to Hemmingway's last night to watch a playoff basketball game. We arrived late, around 9:30 and were told that we could only have 1 drink as they were closing at 10:00. They explained it was due to the elections on Friday. We figured the elections would not affect Playa Dorado, WRONG. Our team still won, so we heard later.