Claro cell phones out?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Me neither. it has been on and off all day and now is emergency only.

Matilda

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Mine is working this morning.
Didn't check it lastnight.
And would a date with one's future ex-wife be considered an emergency?

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
well, at least the Orange network is not out (this time)
;)

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Mine is working this morning.
Didn't check it lastnight.
And would a date with one's future ex-wife be considered an emergency?

Having met some of your future ex-wives, I'd say yes, definitely!!!

That was my problem last night... Claro didn't seem to understand *my* emergency! My future ex-wife may already be filing for divorce!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
We were on and off part of yesterday - then down completely from about 7:30 pm to about 10 am!!!! Damn this is soooooooooooo annoying.

I have friends who are having massive internet issues too. They have been down more then up for the last 2 weeks.

So everyone knows - you must contact Codetel in order to request a revision of your bill if your service is down. It is not automatic. You have to fight for it.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Here in POP..........

:bunny::bunny:..........ours was down yesterday for about 3 hours early evening.......and today from about 3:30 to 5:30...............

I called both days and they said........"don't worry, it's not your phone!......it's our system."..........

...........WOW, I feel SOOOOO much better!

:bunny::ermm::bunny::ermm:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I actually went to their office to complain - not that it does any good... they tell me that the system is overloaded!!! Right at 4 am the system is overloaded - I dont' think so.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I actually went to their office to complain - not that it does any good... they tell me that the system is overloaded!!! Right at 4 am the system is overloaded - I dont' think so.

Yes it is!!! All calls are free from 6pm to 6am and roughly that and certain days calls are free all day. How do I know this? Because some phones have had a message in them. Mine hasn't but many Dominican friends of mine have!! All calls are free so everyone is using it so the system is overloaded. Why some people get a message and some not I don't know. I have the most expensive contract and I don't get a message!!!!

So that's the reason - to combat Orange they say

matilda

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Are you kidding me!!!! I am on a plan and my calls cost me from 6pm to 6 am. This would certainly explain a lot!!!!

Time to look at my cell phone options I think!!!

I did not get a message either! Good to know and I will be making another stop at Codetel now...... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

By the way - I was told all calls were free yesterday - too bad you could not actually get a line to make a damn call!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Exactly I have no idea if my calls are free at night as no line!!! They never used to be. Not sure how long the promotion will last. Maybe they are only telling Dominicans and not us foreigners. Maybe it excludes the best customers!!!!!

Let me know if you can get the facts!!!!

matilda

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Claro is having problems in GSM network from early May, My brother has Claro GSM and so many times I couldnt call him got busy line and when he tryed to call got Busy Network. Im Using Viva GSM.

For the Free calls they said is a promotion for mothers day, and maybe that is the way to make people forgot to the problems they are have been having in their network. Indotel said that they must solve the problem soon.