SVGA-cable on the north coast

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I need a SVGA-cable to connect my laptop to the TV, the old way to do it... Where can I get it on the North coast?

I have been told that RadioSchack has it...but going to Santiago for a 2 dollar cable feels like overkill. Below the cable I need.

Thank you.

6' S-Video Male to Male Digital Cable

339-006-BLK-unit.gif

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Compu centro in Sosua, located behind Rest. Baylis.

They also have splitters, so you can have both television and computer screen connected at the same time.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Compu centro in Sosua, located behind Rest. Baylis.

They also have splitters, so you can have both television and computer screen connected at the same time.

Raymond right, the German guy? He was the one that told me that RadioSchack was the alternative. to get this cable...

My television does not have that "computer inlet" that the really new ones have. I need the old fashion SVGA-cable.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Unfortunately, cannot find one.
It's bound to appear the day after you buy one.
Murphy's Law.

Lol, thanks anyway. I mean it is kind of weird... a simple cable. The SVGA cable, is that the same as for the old VHS-videos?? I am no tech geek...

Mar 2, 2008
Dr Mpe, I don't know if you can wait that long, but I will be in Sosua June 26, and I'll bring a s-vhs cable with me. I'll leave it with Rocky. If you find one in the meanwhile at least there will be one on hand for anyone who needs it.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Dr Mpe, I don't know if you can wait that long, but I will be in Sosua June 26, and I'll bring a s-vhs cable with me. I'll leave it with Rocky. If you find one in the meanwhile at least there will be one on hand for anyone who needs it.

Hi, thanks, but I will go to Santiago before that. We were planning to see some movies Tuesday so...

I will check out some of the Dominican repair/destroy-shops for electronics in Sosua...

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
i am coming next saturday from canada, if you can't find one let me know. i will pick one up for you. you would just have to come get it from my home in costambar

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
SVGA-cable found!!!

At teletronica lancer.... the first place I went to look for it btw. Then they said "no hay...", I asked again "No hay...". Anyway today, I went to the the repair place next door. I know the guy, he destroyed and repaired some electronics for me earlier. He said telelancer has it...go there then I said. He spent 5 minutes in there, messed around, went inside, found the cable. 150 pesos still some left. Cheers!

Still thank you for your post!

krwilson

Apr 18, 2008
To get this right, then, this cable plugs into your monitor out (blue 15 pin female connection) and the other end connects to your TV. Connects how to your TV??? RCA, cable, S-Video??? I thank you for a response for I too have an older laptop I would like to use as a DVD player if possible.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
To get this right, then, this cable plugs into your monitor out (blue 15 pin female connection) and the other end connects to your TV. Connects how to your TV??? RCA, cable, S-Video??? I thank you for a response for I too have an older laptop I would like to use as a DVD player if possible.

No, look at the picture in the first post.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
it an s-video cable not svga. so please don't confuse the folks.
JD, do not connect your video projector with s-video. Connect it to your computer with svga cable (15 pin) and use it like a monitor. this will give you the best results. use your pc as a dvd player.
AZB

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
it an s-video cable not svga. so please don't confuse the folks.
JD, do not connect your video projector with s-video. Connect it to your computer with svga cable (15 pin) and use it like a monitor. this will give you the best results. use your pc as a dvd player.
AZB

So maybe I bought the wrong cable?? Anyone want to by mine, please pm bids.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
So maybe I bought the wrong cable?? Anyone want to by mine, please pm bids.

Connected the computer to the TV with the 150 pesos cable and result was very good - picture as good as most of the cable channels. The sound run through speakers connected to the computer.

Anyway, I am happy... :)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hey brother,

The OP asked about a svga cable, but the picture was of a s-video cable.

I guess that threw me off.

As far as connecting the Projector, my FTA satellite box does not have a svga connector on it, only the 4 pin s-video cable.

I'm actually using my playstation 2 for DVD's.
Fooled me too and I also use my Play Station for DVDs.