looking for THANK YOU CARDS

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
I live in dowtown Puerto Plata and having a hard time finding Thank You CARDS.
Anyone know where I can find them.

Thanks

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Think your best bet may be to make your own and print them off or just send a personal Thank You message....

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Yes I will have to bring some from Canada next time and some gift bags.
I wish somone would open up a Dollerama here LOL!
But I guess nothing would really be $1.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Yes I will have to bring some from Canada next time and some gift bags.
I wish somone would open up a Dollerama here LOL!
But I guess nothing would really be $1.

Where in POP are u living?

There are various "A 10 Y 20" stores, as I remember in POP...I can't remember the exact name...but I can see the sign in my mind...lol..and it's something like that. The DR version of a buck or two...(maybe it's A 100 Y 200...lol...I really can't remember the name...but I'm sure someone will)

They would not have the Thank You cards though...They are great for furnishing your house at a low cost....i.e. cheap drinking glasses, plates, decorations...etc. Unless you are looking for upscale and don't care about price.

It's true your best bet would be to have someone from Canada send them down or wait til you go back next and bring them.

If there are small things you can't find in the DR, I suggest making a post here on DR1 and asking for anyone from Canada coming down in the next few weeks (or until whatever time you need the item(s) by), and more than likely you will find someone who wouldn't mind to stop at a dollar store and pick some up for you & bring them.

Go meet up with them, pay them with the current exchange rate...and you have what you want!!! ;)

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Alicious,

I live in dowtown Puerta Plata.

Oh yes I have been to 10 y 20 and Margaritas and La Pulga, and people selling clothes from their homes (got some great brand new professional high quality clothes for $100-$150 pesos).
So I think I have covered all the discount shopping, if you know of more please share lol.
It just hurts me to pay for something that I can get for 1/2 the price
and better quality back in T.O..
I will be sending down a barrel of hard to get stuff next time.

I am going back to Toronto very soon but wanted to give some Thank You cards (in Spanish) before I leave to some people who have been so nice and helpful to me.

Will just have to print some cards off myself.

Thanks for the suggestion of posting, I didnt know people would do that. I will remember that the future.

BTW does anyone know where I can buy blank CDs for copying/burning music, that are not outrageously priced?