Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!! K-1 Visa & Passport Stolen!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help!! K-1 Visa & Passport Stolen!!

Hello Everyone!
    Yes I'm new here.
    I have a huge dilemma!
    My boyfriend has been here in Miami with me for a little over a month.
    We have been struggling to get him accustomed etc... Have been dying to get him a job so as to get him active and entertained a bit. Anyway, in this process we were going to get him an ID/DL and everything was stolen, passport w/visa and I-94 entry doc!!
    Nobody wants to help everywhere I go they send us somewhere else!
    First thin the Dominican Consulate states it will take 3 months to get a replacement passport.
    We need to get married before JULY!!
    To get married he needs a photo ID to get a photo ID he needs his passport w/visa and I-94!
    He already has a SS card and has been in school since his first week here and has a school ID, he has his Dominican License which is worth squat here....but nobody cares. I went to immigration here in Miami they referred me to call they told me I have to request a replacement I-94 which will take me about 3-4 months and costs an additional $320 but I should be able to get married. I went to the courthouse they said no he needs his passport or minimum a valid photo ID. We went to DMV with all the above plus Police Report but they also just pushed us away with a shallow sorry!
    Something's gotta give here! We're lost in the system.
    I checked the forms online at USCIS.gov and for a K1 you can not request an extension for this type of visa!!
    All I want to do is get married to legalize this!

Please help!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

"All I want to do is legalize this"---is the same way the authorities will look at the situation of all docs being lost. As legit as the whole thing is -look at it from their viewpoint. How do they know? And, more importantly, what do they care?
    I think, it's a big problem to resolve and wish you the best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Best to get on this website Dominicans to the USA - Index maybe they can be of some help.

Good Luck

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Contact your local congressman and explain the situation. They can call BCIS and expedite the process.

2. Have your novio call his family and have them get a birth certificate, in extensa, from the local records office.

3. Do you know if the county will accept a Dominican cedula as proof of identification for marriage purposes? If he doesn't have one his family can get one for him here in the DR.

4. Contact a local Catholic Church to see if they have free legal immigration counseling. Sometimes some of the largert protestant congregations will have this too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johne View Post
    "All I want to do is legalize this"---is the same way the authorities will look at the situation of all docs being lost. As legit as the whole thing is -look at it from their viewpoint. How do they know? And, more importantly, what do they care?
    I think, it's a big problem to resolve and wish you the best of luck.
    But we registered him for college with his legal docs and passport therefore giving him a college ID w/pic etc.. and we obviously have a SS# with his name that matches this ID which we obviously had to show his passport and visa for. I just think it could be a little easier under the circumstance I dont think I'm asking for much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    1. Contact your local congressman and explain the situation. They can call BCIS and expedite the process.

2. Have your novio call his family and have them get a birth certificate, in extensa, from the local records office.

3. Do you know if the county will accept a Dominican cedula as proof of identification for marriage purposes? If he doesn't have one his family can get one for him here in the DR.

4. Contact a local Catholic Church to see if they have free legal immigration counseling. Sometimes some of the largert protestant congregations will have this too.
    Thanks! I really appreciate your suggestions. I'll give it a try.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you get married in another State? Las Vegas at 3 AM is a lot looser than Florida.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Can you get married in another State? Las Vegas at 3 AM is a lot looser than Florida.

I've tried googling info about other states including Vegas but supposedly ID's are necessary.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mujeron View Post
    I've tried googling info about other states including Vegas but supposedly ID's are necessary.
    A Little White Wedding Chapel, Las Vegas, Nevada

Try calling this place and ask if what he has is OK. You may be pleasantly surprised. He does have a DR license. Cannot hurt to call.

By the way Michael Jordan got married in this place.

http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/dep...formation.aspx

I just found this. I think you are in business.

Identification:

An original or certified copy of one of the following forms of identification will be required effective Jan 1, 2008:

mauve_dot.gif (849 bytes) Driver's License, Instruction Permit, or identification card issued by this State or another state
    mauve_dot.gif (849 bytes) Passport
    mauve_dot.gif (849 bytes) Foreign government issued ID card, including driver's license (must include birth date)
    Last edited by SKY; 05-21-2008 at 10:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    A Little White Wedding Chapel, Las Vegas, Nevada

Try calling this place and ask if what he has is OK. You may be pleasantly surprised. He does have a DR license. Cannot hurt to call.

By the way Michael Jordan got married in this place.

Marriage Licenses

I just found this. I think you are in business.

Identification:

An original or certified copy of one of the following forms of identification will be required effective Jan 1, 2008:

mauve_dot.gif (849 bytes) Driver's License, Instruction Permit, or identification card issued by this State or another state
    mauve_dot.gif (849 bytes) Passport
    mauve_dot.gif (849 bytes) Foreign government issued ID card, including driver's license (must include birth date)
    Pretty cool! That's definately my alternative! thanks sooo much! I dont understand why they just cant accept his DR cedula or DL here! Florida can be soo damn complicated!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast