Help!! K-1 Visa & Passport Stolen!!

Mujeron

May 20, 2008
Hello Everyone!
Yes I'm new here.
I have a huge dilemma!
My boyfriend has been here in Miami with me for a little over a month.
We have been struggling to get him accustomed etc... Have been dying to get him a job so as to get him active and entertained a bit. Anyway, in this process we were going to get him an ID/DL and everything was stolen, passport w/visa and I-94 entry doc!!
Nobody wants to help everywhere I go they send us somewhere else!
First thin the Dominican Consulate states it will take 3 months to get a replacement passport.
We need to get married before JULY!!
To get married he needs a photo ID to get a photo ID he needs his passport w/visa and I-94!
He already has a SS card and has been in school since his first week here and has a school ID, he has his Dominican License which is worth squat here....but nobody cares. I went to immigration here in Miami they referred me to call they told me I have to request a replacement I-94 which will take me about 3-4 months and costs an additional $320 but I should be able to get married. I went to the courthouse they said no he needs his passport or minimum a valid photo ID. We went to DMV with all the above plus Police Report but they also just pushed us away with a shallow sorry!
Something's gotta give here! We're lost in the system.
I checked the forms online at USCIS.gov and for a K1 you can not request an extension for this type of visa!!
All I want to do is get married to legalize this!

Please help!

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
"All I want to do is legalize this"---is the same way the authorities will look at the situation of all docs being lost. As legit as the whole thing is -look at it from their viewpoint. How do they know? And, more importantly, what do they care?
I think, it's a big problem to resolve and wish you the best of luck.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
1. Contact your local congressman and explain the situation. They can call BCIS and expedite the process.

2. Have your novio call his family and have them get a birth certificate, in extensa, from the local records office.

3. Do you know if the county will accept a Dominican cedula as proof of identification for marriage purposes? If he doesn't have one his family can get one for him here in the DR.

4. Contact a local Catholic Church to see if they have free legal immigration counseling. Sometimes some of the largert protestant congregations will have this too.

Mujeron

May 20, 2008
"All I want to do is legalize this"---is the same way the authorities will look at the situation of all docs being lost. As legit as the whole thing is -look at it from their viewpoint. How do they know? And, more importantly, what do they care?
I think, it's a big problem to resolve and wish you the best of luck.

But we registered him for college with his legal docs and passport therefore giving him a college ID w/pic etc.. and we obviously have a SS# with his name that matches this ID which we obviously had to show his passport and visa for. I just think it could be a little easier under the circumstance I dont think I'm asking for much.:ermm:

Mujeron

May 20, 2008
1. Contact your local congressman and explain the situation. They can call BCIS and expedite the process.

2. Have your novio call his family and have them get a birth certificate, in extensa, from the local records office.

3. Do you know if the county will accept a Dominican cedula as proof of identification for marriage purposes? If he doesn't have one his family can get one for him here in the DR.

4. Contact a local Catholic Church to see if they have free legal immigration counseling. Sometimes some of the largert protestant congregations will have this too.

Thanks! I really appreciate your suggestions. I'll give it a try.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Can you get married in another State? Las Vegas at 3 AM is a lot looser than Florida.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I've tried googling info about other states including Vegas but supposedly ID's are necessary.

A Little White Wedding Chapel, Las Vegas, Nevada

Try calling this place and ask if what he has is OK. You may be pleasantly surprised. He does have a DR license. Cannot hurt to call.

By the way Michael Jordan got married in this place.

http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/clerk/pages/marriage_information.aspx

I just found this. I think you are in business.

Identification:

An original or certified copy of one of the following forms of identification will be required effective Jan 1, 2008:

mauve_dot.gif (849 bytes) Driver's License, Instruction Permit, or identification card issued by this State or another state
mauve_dot.gif (849 bytes) Passport
mauve_dot.gif (849 bytes) Foreign government issued ID card, including driver's license (must include birth date)

Last edited:

Mujeron

May 20, 2008
A Little White Wedding Chapel, Las Vegas, Nevada

Try calling this place and ask if what he has is OK. You may be pleasantly surprised. He does have a DR license. Cannot hurt to call.

By the way Michael Jordan got married in this place.

Marriage Licenses

I just found this. I think you are in business.

Identification:

An original or certified copy of one of the following forms of identification will be required effective Jan 1, 2008:

mauve_dot.gif (849 bytes) Driver's License, Instruction Permit, or identification card issued by this State or another state
mauve_dot.gif (849 bytes) Passport
mauve_dot.gif (849 bytes) Foreign government issued ID card, including driver's license (must include birth date)

Pretty cool! That's definately my alternative! thanks sooo much! I dont understand why they just cant accept his DR cedula or DL here! Florida can be soo damn complicated!

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Yesterday I went to Division of Motor Vehicles here in Raleigh N.C. to take the read exam for the driver lisence. I took with me my Dominican passport, permanent resident card and social security card and others documents. Just becouse the my name does no macht on the social and residence card, the firts documents have only one and the secund have my two secund names, they told me I must go to the social security office to fix that problem before.
I tryed to show them my Dominican driving lisence and my cedula like a proof I have two first name, and they said those document are no important here in The US.
thanks god here things are easier than in the DR. in one hour my name was fixed at the social security office.
Good luck my friend.

JJ.

onesweetone

Jun 26, 2006
Stolen ID

Mujeron...keep trying because you have valid ID...his school ID is valid as long as his photo is there...Student ID is valid Identication...that is all that he has at this time...get a notarized statement from student registration indicating that all of the registration information (birthday, current address, place of birth) is accurate and take it to the courthouse...and request your marriage license...if you need a second form of ID...get a bank card with his photo on it or a Sam's Club ID...if all else fails try South Carolina...it is really easy to get married there...they are similar to Las Vega just a lot cheaper.:classic:

Mujeron

May 20, 2008
Ok guys so we got the replacement Dominican Passport and was able to get the Marriage Liscense with that and his social security. Alls well so far.
I just was wondering if anyone knows if we can file for the replacement I-94 which is form I-102 with the application for residence I-485.
I had an appointment with immigration, which I wasnt able to speak to, the person signing people in suggested I send the I-485 even though I dont have the I-94 because by the time they start processing the I-485 I would have recieved the I-94.

Any suggestions?