Barcelo Punta Cana - May31-Jun7

1stTimerDR

May 20, 2008
Hi everyone, me and 3 of my friends, in our early 20s are going to DR, staying at the Barcelo beach resort in punta cana. We're all single guys looking to have a good time, bars, clubs, and of course the girls. Not looking for working girls, but places where other vacationing girls will be. Also any tips on where to go, we don't want to be limited to the resort, but we also don't want to travel for more than an hour...reading through some forums, people are saying to check out Higuey....is it worth it?

Anyone else going the same time we can all hang out? Let me know, only 12 days away! Can't wait!

P.S. I know the hot spots are Sosua for guys like us, but that's too far of a drive, and we didn't have much choice where we're staying. But we like to have fun, just not with prostitutes :)

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
In Higuey you will find plenty of young women looking for a goodtime, Go to the boulevard and have a few beers and i am sure you will attract some attention, but be prepared to spend some money on them, i dont mean hookers...well there are plenty of those too and you might have a job distiguishing between girls up for a good time and hookers. But you might have a better time if you go to the disco "Mangoo" Which is part of the hotel Flamenco only ten min taxi ride from barcelo punta cana, where you will find locals and other tourists. Apart from that chat up the animacion staff/dancers on resort, most of them are pretty up for it ha ha!

AnnieInTheSky36

Feb 11, 2008
www.myspace.com
I was just there

I just got back on saturday from punta cana... it wasn't my cup of tea!!! way to much of a tourist town for me , u dont really get a feel for the DR atleast I didnt!!!! but I did go to two clubs while there one named AREITO and another named MANGU! they were pretty popping I guess. The drinks I believe are way over priced at areito I payed 5 dollars for a presidente..... and at mangu I payed 11 dollars for a vodka and cranberry!!!!! I live in miami and I kepted asking my self where am I .. south beach? at all the clubs I went to they played mostly trance and house music .. or really old hip-hop! I was like whackkkkkkk.Can they play merengue or bachata or salsa or anything that gives u a latin feel! lol I had to buy a couple of those 11 dollar drinks to have any fun. good luck!!!!!! its vacation ur gonna have fun regardless! check out areito and mangu!!!

Feb 7, 2007
At Mangu, 99% of non-tourist girls are working pro PRO girls.
And... to be honest, you are in the area where even the non-working girls (e.g. in Higuey) are semi-pro. It's very very read VERY difficult to find a girl who does not have a history (of at least several times) going for money... and you are always expected to leave something "pa'la leche y lo'pamper'..."
And yeah, animacion, those are the real pros... have very wide professional orientation

Feb 7, 2007
But we like to have fun, just not with prostitutes :)

Good luck, because if you want (local) girls, you will have very hard time (better to say virtually impossible) to find non-pros or non-semi-pros in Bavaro. As far as vacationing girls go... well...maybe some chance, but don't count on it too much. You will be competing for their attention with the local staff working in the resorts, and you will be in a disadvantage.... believe me.

1stTimerDR

May 20, 2008
Damn...what a bummer...I also heard there is a town popular for European tourists (germans?)...doesn't anyone know where that is?

Feb 7, 2007
Damn...what a bummer...I also heard there is a town popular for European tourists (germans?)...doesn't anyone know where that is?

That would be Puerto Plata/ Sosua. In the years back, Sosua was known as a Germantown, but then other nationalities bought up most of the properties.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
At Mangu, 99% of non-tourist girls are working pro PRO girls.
And... to be honest, you are in the area where even the non-working girls (e.g. in Higuey) are semi-pro. It's very very read VERY difficult to find a girl who does not have a history (of at least several times) going for money... and you are always expected to leave something "pa'la leche y lo'pamper'..."
And yeah, animacion, those are the real pros... have very wide professional orientation

Rubio said what i wanted to say but with less decoration. He is right most local girls are pro's or semi pro's. And most animacion staff are pretty loose ha ha. If you want clean, nice girls up for a good time you are better off looking for tourists like yourself, However as mentioned before they will be going ga-ga for the animacion staff/sankies on resort. If by any chance you do hook up with a local, as soon as you get home forget about her!! Trust me on this one!