Sosua Post Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I do not know of any Post Office in Sosua. The EPS mail service office in Sosua is 809-571-3451.

Regards, Ringo

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There is a Sosua post office but I don't know the number.
You do know that they are halfway between incompetent and useless, do you?

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
Susua Post Office

I've been receiving mail in my P.O. Box 2 or 3 times a month for over 2 years and they haven't lost any mail that I know of. It usually takes 3 or 4 weeks to get here from the States.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I need the phone number to the Sosua Post Office. Any help will be appeciated.

Phone numbers of post offices here:
Directorio Ubicaciones

I see that it doesn't give Sosua but it does give Puerto Plata (where all the parcels for Sosua go first) so you could phone PP office & ask for the number of Sosua. Or maybe PM El Viejo? As a happy customer he probably already knows the number, or if not, he could probably get it for you?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Phone numbers of post offices here:
Directorio Ubicaciones

I see that it doesn't give Sosua but it does give Puerto Plata (where all the parcels for Sosua go first) so you could phone PP office & ask for the number of Sosua. Or maybe PM El Viejo? As a happy customer he probably already knows the number, or if not, he could probably get it for you?
They don't have a phone yet in Sosua but they do have a telegraph and they are saying that next year they plan to put electricity in and get rid of all the gas lamps and candles.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
There is a post office at the POP airport, underneath the steps beside the Information counter. No PO boxes, just general delivery and forwarding and sell postcards and stamps. Works like Rocky said on timing, slow as a loaded cement truck to Moca.

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
I mailed some letters to the States at the Sosua post office 2 years ago. They haven't arrived yet. Someone had warned me to insist they paste the stamps on the letters while I watched. I thought its was unnecessary. Lesson learned.

vevy

Feb 14, 2006
Alternative to Sosua Post Office - Banker Trust

The old post office in the Plaza where EdeNorte is, is no more. I have been by there several times and the space is empty. There is another area there that appears to have lock boxes - but no one ever seems to be there. An alternative for sending and receiving mail is Banker Trust just beside Banco Santa Cruz. The service is great, (they call you when mail comes in), the employees speak English, and their rates are better than EPS. You an reach them at 809-571-4622. Hope that helps. You can also check their website to see other services offered. www.Banker-Trust.com

Aug 21, 2007
I am not sure when you saw that the Post Office in the Ede Norte complex was closed. I was there about 6 weeks ago. I found the workers friendly and helpful. After a bit of chit chatting, they were happy to call me when my mail came in. I also served as their mail woman, delivering a pile of mail to the guard house in Perla Marina.

I have successfully received mail (and packages) several times from the Sosua P.O. It takes 4-6 weeks and patience, but it does work- or at least has for me. I always stop in and tell them when I will be expecting a piece of mail, and then, when they call me to say it has arrived, I pick it up right at the P.O. Maybe that is the trick.

For more expedited service, I use EPS.

Lindsey

Status
Not open for further replies.