Gun Travel

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
I travel back and forth to the U.S. frequently, I have my U.S.A. permit and it has reciprocity for many states. Would I have problems with the DR customs if the pistol I purchased , and licensed here in the Dominican Republic travel with me to and from the U.S.A.? I have traveled by plane with my U.S. pistol much and know you have to declare , show at the counter ( no rounds chambered no clip ), in locked case and carried put with baggage.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You would have to declare the gun with the airline in the DR before someone finds it in your bag. If you do not you go straight to jail and you will never see that gun or your license again.

This is not a very good idea in my opinion. But, you can check with American Airlines about your intentions and see what they have to say about this.

You might also encounter problems on the other side. Keep it here.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
DO NOT EVEN THINK OF TRAVELING WITH A WEAPON

YOU DO NOT NEED ONE HERE ...What/ you think this is the wild west.????

Please do not do something that can only be called very, very poor judgment today.

HB

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I don't know about the Dominican law in regards to exporting firearms, but entering the US from an overseas flight with a foreign bought firearm might be considered "importation" and the ATF might want forms filled out when you enter US Customs. I came across this ATF Online give them a call.