Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cedula?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cedula?

Ok. I got my permanent residency about a month or so ago. I need to get my cedula and was waiting until after the elections to do so so the place wouldn't be so crazy.

The question is how much does it cost to get the cedula and what documents do I need to take with me? Do they take the picture there as they did with the residency card or do I need to take a picture with me? Will my residency card and passport be enough or do I need to take all the documents from my residency with me?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Ok. I got my permanent residency about a month or so ago. I need to get my cedula and was waiting until after the elections to do so so the place wouldn't be so crazy.

The question is how much does it cost to get the cedula and what documents do I need to take with me? Do they take the picture there as they did with the residency card or do I need to take a picture with me? Will my residency card and passport be enough or do I need to take all the documents from my residency with me?
    Hi Jan, all you have to bring is your old cedula (they will keep it) and your new residency. They take the picture at the JCE, that takes about 5 minutes.
    Costs are RD$1,200 to be paid at the cash counter outside before.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Check first...

I've been waiting for months. They are not issuing them at the moment.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default no old cedula

The old cedula was stolen years ago. I have the police report form about 3 years ago that states this.

I was speaking to some dominicans and they said it was free. Guess they're wrong.

So what does one do if they are not giving out cedulas? Can I use my residency card in place of it to get cable TV and a bank account?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Centros de Cedulación

Here are the offices with phone numbers to call. Check with them. I do not think you will have to pay anything, but I could be wrong.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    I do not think you will have to pay anything, but I could be wrong.
    Yes I was surprised to see a fee mentioned in a post above because each time I've renewed it has always been free. Last time I renewed was 5+ years ago so it could have changed.

As far as I'm aware foreigners renewing cedulas need to go to Centro de Extranjería in SD, not one of the local offices. Where Av. 27 de Febrero intersects with Ave. Luperon. According to website phone number is 539-5419 Ext. 2285.
    Centros de Servicios de la Junta Central Electoral

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mido View Post
    Hi Jan, all you have to bring is your old cedula (they will keep it) and your new residency. They take the picture at the JCE, that takes about 5 minutes.
    Costs are RD$1,200 to be paid at the cash counter outside before.
    Since when is their a cash counter outside? Sounds like an enterprising Dominican starting a new business for himself.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Cash payment is made next door in the same building. And yes they are currently issuing them as we got ours done two weeks ago.

Bob K

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
    Cash payment is made next door in the same building. And yes they are currently issuing them as we got ours done two weeks ago.

Bob K
    I do not think you pay anything for a renewal of a Cedula. Was yours new?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    I do not think you pay anything for a renewal of a Cedula. Was yours new?
    Believe it or not but the cost is RD$1,200 for foreigners and less for Dominicans.
    They are issuing them, I got mine renewed about two months ago, a friend of mine did it last week. You have to go to Santo Domingo if you are foreigner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast