Hairdresser needed for Susie Shag

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I want to have my hair cut in a Susie Shag - and no rude comments please!

For those of you who don't know, a Susie Shag is how Meg Ryan had her hair in 'you've got mail'. And a few other movies too.

Now I know that I won't exactly look like Meg Ryan once it is done apart from the two eyes, nose, mouth and blonde hair but that's what I want.

Problem is to do a good Shag you need to razor cut the hair, and Dominican hairdressers can't get their heads around this. I have asked in loads of hairdressers in San Pedro and Juan Dolio and they all just wave a Gillette razor blade at me! Not quite what I have in mind.

So if anyone knows where I can get this done could you let me know please? I would go as far as the capital or maybe even ooop North, for a decent haircut.

Thanks

Matilda soon to be Meg maybe

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I want to have my hair cut in a Susie Shag - and no rude comments please!

For those of you who don't know, a Susie Shag is how Meg Ryan had her hair in 'you've got mail'. And a few other movies too.

Now I know that I won't exactly look like Meg Ryan once it is done apart from the two eyes, nose, mouth and blonde hair but that's what I want.

Problem is to do a good Shag you need to razor cut the hair, and Dominican hairdressers can't get their heads around this. I have asked in loads of hairdressers in San Pedro and Juan Dolio and they all just wave a Gillette razor blade at me! Not quite what I have in mind.

So if anyone knows where I can get this done could you let me know please? I would go as far as the capital or maybe even ooop North, for a decent haircut.

Thanks

Matilda soon to be Meg maybe

Am almost certain that Andreas in Sosua could give you the look that you want... he has not cut my hair with a razor but is very up to date on all techniques and a true professional.

lili4ever

Jan 22, 2008
going to the hairdresser...how much would I pay...

I get my hair cut and coloured every six weeks...how much in comparison would someone pay in DR?

just curious

lili

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I get my hair cut and coloured every six weeks...how much in comparison would someone pay in DR?

just curious

lili

120RD$ for a cut and 400RD$ for a colour. Both appalling!!!!

No idea how much it is for someone who knows what they are doing

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I have mine cut & coloured every 2 months in upmarket Dominican salon in Bayardo, Puerto Plata. Two sorts of colour, one to tone down the silver first, then the gentle dark red (imported colour not the Henna Horror), conditioner & various other add-ons, shampoo of course. My hairdresser who is a personal friend works at Breezes Hotel but she comes to the salon which is walking distance from my home, on her afternoon off, because she is an excellent cutter and I won't let anyone else cut my hair. The salon's stylist does the colour & she too, knows what she is doing. Total bill including generous tips RD$1500. Last time I had a cut and colour in UK was on a visit there 6 years ago & it cost me double that then, 6 years ago. No idea what it costs in UK now.

Matilda, if you don't get your shag down south & want to phone Ramona to ask her if she knows what it is, I can let you have her daytime number. Be advised though - I taught her English 15 years ago................:cheeky: I don't believe the other meaning was an expression we covered, but she could have done independent research.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
120RD$ for a cut and 400RD$ for a colour. Both appalling!!!!

No idea how much it is for someone who knows what they are doing

LOL, you crack me up with that remark. I haven't had a haircut that I really liked since I left Germany in 1983.
In Cabarete I go to Ana's. She does a good job and she knows how to use a razor. However, that is probably a little far for you.

lili4ever

Jan 22, 2008
thanks for the great info folks...

I guess that it is hard to find a trustworthy hairdresser that knows what they are doing but if you find one...you hold on to them...

Is there a lack of hairdressers in certain area of the country?...

Where I live, Canada, we have access to all kinds of hair products, shampoos and conditionners etc...is that easy to find? Probably expensive I assume...

J

John Evans

the local ladies seem to deal with their own hair quite effectively-they mustnt be used to the euro-american straw ----- i wouldnt ask for a meg ryan someone might give you a fat lip lol