Door to door shipping????

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Hi everyone

I would like to know if anyone has used a reliable door to door service. I want to possibly ship a Cargo Trailer from U.S. We used a company called Laparkan last time for a different item but similar weight, but had to go to Haina and collect and it was a nightmare, I would like to avoid all that this time. Also i would like a pre arranged total price if poss. Am i asking too much or has someone used a similar service and found it to be worth while.

Thanks

vevy

Feb 14, 2006
Door to door shipping

Laurajane -
One possibility, and a good one, would be to contact the firm Banker Trust located in Sosua. On their website, www.Banker-Trust.com they have a whole section devoted to how they function with door to door shipping. The folks there are knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and speak English. From their years of experience, I think that contacting them would be a good place to start in finding a company to assist you and remove all the nasty uncertainties of finding various people performing different tasks. They do it all. You could ask for Sandy, and if she isn't there, someone will get back to shortly. I have found them to be most efficient and they offer other services as well at lower prices. For example mail service. Their phone number in Sosua is 809-571-4622. We moved here several years ago and the transit problems became a nightmare including the duty we had to pay on our container at the port. Wish we had known about this company back then. Good luck! And lastly, they service people in all locations - not just Sosua where the office is.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Thank you so much for your reply, I actually found them on the net yesterday and sent them an email, I was wondering if they are a good firm and now i have had your reply i feel confident. They have already replied and just need a little more info on the details of cargo so i shall get on to that straight away.

Thanks again :)

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We used a company (and have had other friends use them as well) called La Rosa Del Monte. They have offices in the US and the DR. It was seamless, easy, no hassle and the container was dellivered to our house here in Sosua. I would highly reccomend them. They also helped us get our exoneration papers done so there was virtually no taxes to be paid. contact info:

Matia Arias
La Rosa Del Monte Express
Worldwide Movers
Dominican Republic
Tel: 809-685-6256
Fax: 809-682-0472

PM me if you want more info

Bob K

Bellamona

Sep 18, 2007
Highly Recommend - La Rosa del Monte

I also want to highly recommend LRDM - on Bob K's recommendation I used them to send 7 boxes and 2 tubes-original art from Santo Domingo-Orlando. The boxes just arrived today in the time-frame they had given me (6 weeks). Nothing missing, nothing broken. Even some glassware that I didn't pack very well arrived intact (wouldn't have blamed them if they hadn't).

Everyone I dealt with, from Maria and Wilfredo Espino in Santo Domingo, to the Orlando office, has been professional and punctual (even the SD pick-up from my home was on time!). Wilfredo was excellent on follow-up calls to me.

A pleasant surprise indeed - thanks Bob!