newsdog2.gif
anything interesting to report

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
newsdog2.gif
anything interesting to report

Well, I just had one of "these" experiences... after having tried to find a new rental house in Puerto Plata thru agents and online adds, I was working on a "deal" and today, the owner's wife, proved herself to be a real deal breaker in her effort to outsmart me.
So, no deal.
Well, a day which had started off well, with a long awaited and positive meeting at a Sosua school, seemed to have ended no so great. Can't have it all? Ha, y e facil!
So there I am back in my home which I have to turn over to it's owner soon and asking myself what will become of me.
Sometimes, it just seems that I to need to get kicked in the... well you know where, to finally decide to take things into my hands and do it the ol' J-D way. I wrote up a nice add, describing who I am, and what I am looking for and where. Printed it out and had a copy shop run me a quick 100 copies and went on to distribute my little piece of work, door to door in the neighborhoods which I appeal most to me. I must say, that after a little while a just caught myself laughing about the fact that over quarter a century ago I made the money for my first car peddling merchandise door to door in between my student hours... I got me a big Plymouth Furry which gas consumption kept me peddling stuff just not to go broke! And here I find myself in the DR... peddling again. Back to the roots!
Anyway, low an behold, WHILST I was doing my thing I got 3 phone calls from people who had read my little paper and wanted to show me their house and an other lady actually grabbed me rite off the street to show me her house... I'm back in business! :)
So, this wasn't such an ill ending Friday after all, as I had made 4 times the contacts in 2 hours, 4 agents had taken months to make.

Eto e la isla de las maravillas, tu sabe... aqui se inventa!

... J-D.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I took a 3rd class Mexican bus today to get to a small city that has a Green Globe certification. The bus was not funny - s-curves and severe switchbacks until I got green around the gills. The small city is beautiful. I even ate a perfectly grilled piece of fresh tuna after a prolonged period of vegetarianism. It was excellent and for once without beans and no tortillas. Accommodation for the next few nights is positively brilliant. I'm sitting watching a storm roll in from the Atlantic coast side. Very beautiful but now it is dark and the wind is blowing a gale. It was a good day. Today was a good day. Tomorrow I work. The little city is the cleanest place that I've seen in Latin America. It is beautiful. ;)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Went to a Dominican wedding in Santiago Friday Nite, and there was no...I repeat...NO music, and NO alcohol of any kind. I thought my ears and eyes were failing.:surprised