Working to help make a difference!

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
For some background, read "Can anyone help me help this Kid?" thread by J D Sauser.

JD has worked hard and has reached his first goal in order to help one child, Melanie. Believe me when I say that Mr. Sausers' task was not easy. It has taken a lot of time, patience, running around, meeting people, networking, determination and ACTION. Most others would have given up.

I have met with JD and others at my house and I am proud that I have been able to assist in my small way, along with others that have remained anonymous.

JD has a lot more work in front of him. Perhaps a little more then he realized. My wife and I have pledged $12,000 RD for this year to assist in proper school supplies, uniforms, transportation and the tutors that Melanie needs; or anything else that JD thinks will help. No strings attached.

Working to help make a difference, Mr. & Mrs. Ringo

Last edited:

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Well deserved praise indeed.....

Working to help make a difference

Congratulations to JD for battling and winning and well done to all of you who helped. I just love the title of this thread. If only we could all put our money where our mouth is and do a little bit to help - we can make a difference, you know!

And bah humbug to all the knockers - I am coming out fighting now!!!

:eek:gre:

Rio

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Well, all the involved here have helped on way or the other. We have not WON yet, but as sure as I am not one that easily takes a "NO" for an answer, once I have a foot in the door, it ought to be really though to get me out.
So, let's say we are well on our way. There are still a lot of logistics to settle. One way or the other I feel confident we will safe this one child.

Then maybe, after the process and the solutions are worked out and eventually tweaked and fine tuned to a repeatable concept, similar to a franchise, "we" here may start talking about helping more children.

One can not change the world or even a small country, but we can indeed make a difference here and there.

Thanks Ringo for your generous offer, I will let you know as soon as we have figures worked out and see if we indeed need it for Melanie or maybe can apply it for some other child.
Thanks again to all who posted here (it got read!) and to those who wrote to the school, met me and helped otherwise, if it only was with suggestions and encouraging words.

... J-D.