Missing person-please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Has anybody seen this man or this car? His name is Reg Hunt, in his mid sixties of English decent. He lives in Cabarete and works in Sosua and Cabarete.
Reg disapeared from Perla Marina yesterday morning, Friday,23rd May, at approximately 9.00am. He was seen leaving his apartment and was dressed for work, wearing a yellow shirt and jeans. He was seen driving towards Cabarete, when in actual fact he should have been driving towards Sosua. Between Perla Marina and Orillas del Mar in Cabarete East, he was viewed three times. Since then there have been no more sightings. We obviously have been trying to reach him on his cel phone but as of approximately 11.00am yesterday morning his phone has been switched off. One hour prior to this his phone was apparently switched on, but out of range. This could mean that he was driving along the mountain range between Sabaneta and Moca.
Reg is of sound mind and in good health. He is a very resonsible person. I am sure that many of you know Reg and know how responsible he is. His car is very recogizable as it is very dented on the drivers side and has a large Amber Guardian sign on the back of the car. The car is a grey coloured Lexus, Land Cruiser 4X4 License plate number: G004393
If we can find the car then maybe we will have more clues as to where his Reg's whereabouts.
Please, if anybody has seen Reg or his car, please contact me at any hour,
809 907 2277.
2mzf62f.jpg
[/IMG]
e968ee.jpg

fpcm4z.png

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Just so that you all know, we are talking about Richard Hunt's father and he has never just up and disappeared, so there's an extremely high chance of foul play.
Any clues whatsoever will be greatly appreciated.
If you have info and cannot get through by phone, you can PM or email me and I'll pass the info on.

Sharky

Feb 28, 2008
Lets all hope he's ok, I am in Santo Domingo, traveling to Sosua via Moka tomorrow, will print pics and will be looking, till then I pray is ok. Guess police have been notified?

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Yes, the police have been informed. The reports will be dispursed throughout the country. Fortunately we have many contacts high up in the chain and these reports will hopefully be processed much faster. We have also contacted all the major hospitals and there is a bulletin on the national grid.
We are trying to cover as many different ideas as possible including tracing his phone/and accessing his phone records, but we are waiting for a court order to do this. We are also in the process of contacting his credit card company to see if there has been any activity in the last 36 hours.
I appreciate any suggestions, no matter how silly they might sound, but we cannot leave any stone unturned.
Like with Sharky, if you are driving from anywhere, please keep an eye for his car.
Contact me or Rocky if you see anything.
Thanks.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Yes, that's wonderful news that Reg has been found. Thank God. While reading each post, my heart was sinking and I don't even know him; but now I'm so relieved. Hope he is alright now.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yes, that's wonderful news that Reg has been found. Thank God. While reading each post, my heart was sinking and I don't even know him; but now I'm so relieved. Hope he is alright now.
He's a sweetheart of a man and his pic doesn't represent him well, as he has a soft smiley face, rather than the stern look he had on in that photo.
Thank God this ended well, because it sure didn't look good at first.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
It is with great delight that I can now post this message. It broke my heart posting my first message yesterday, but we had a very happy ending. After driving around for about 36 hours Reg finally got himself home. It was down to a medical reasons. At first we thought it was something to do with his heart, but a doctor has checked him out already and given him a clean bill of health. He thinks that it was quite possibly down to his diabetes. Reg has very mild diabetes which does not need to be controlled by medication, only by his food. This was obviously off balance and made him dehydrated and thus left with a temporary memory loss.
Friday morning as Reg left for work he had lost his bearings by the time he reached the main gate of Perla Marina. He drove around for hours on end. Exactly what happened we do not know as Reg does not remember anything that happened on Friday.
Yesterday afternoon Reg was seen on the Malecon in Puerto Plata by a good friend of his and Richard's. He was still wearing his work clothes from the day before. This friend had spent the entire day searching Puerto Plata and the hospitals and to find Reg on the Malecon was pretty amazing. Unfortunately Reg did not recognize him and took off, most likely scared. Anyway, to cut a long story short, Reg started remembering a few things, and knew he had to head back to Cabarete, but not quite sure exactly where. More and more things started becoming clearer to him and he finally made it home.
Although very dehydrated and extremely exausted, Reg is doing fine.
Richard, Yanelis, Valentina and all of us at Amber Guardian would like to thank everybody for all their help and support during the last 2 days. They are way too many people to thank, but a big thank you must go to Barbara Candido (S.A.S Security) for her help and assistance. We would also like to mention the various police departments that were also involved, from Sosua to Santo Domingo, the police were working very hard and keeping us informed at all times. One police officer that came to our office in Sosua drove around for hours and met up with us in Santiago when we were there searching for Reg, (we went to Santiago as somebody said that Reg had been seen driving towards Santiago). After meeting us in Santiago this police officer then returned to Puerto Plata...I mean, what a service. They really stepped up to the plate. Many thanks to the T.V. channels that aired Reg's disapearance. Many thanks for those who distributed posters through out the area, including Santiago.
So a very happy ending to something that could have turned out completely different.
Once again, thank you all, God bless you.
Oh yes, my last thank you goes to the cheeky bugger that called up one of our guys from the office and said that if we pay him 50,000 pesos he could tell us where Reg is...12 hours AFTER we found him!!!!
It was very tempting to agree with this and then let Reg give him the money personally, lol !!

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
tee - Thanks for the update.

Even though I do not know you or Reg, it is great to hear everything turned out ok.

I can only imagine how worried you were.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that there are such helpful and honestly good ppl around, but thankfully in this case, the positive prevailed!! :)

I am very glad to hear of his safe return.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
We are so grateful Reg is safe and home. He has no idea home many folks stepped up to help. The North Coasters are amazing. In time of need look at the effort that was mobilized. I have never been so proud to live in this community as this weekend.Thanks to everyone.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I know, from first hand experience, how panicky it feels when someone dear to you cannot be found in the vicinity in which they should be and I am extremely happy for all those involved that this 'detour' had a happy and successful ending.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.