Another mail question

Broward

Jul 16, 2007
I noted the post about the various companies that receive mail and packages for you in Miami and use a courier to the Dominican Republic.

Relocation from the US to SD may require having you mail forwarded from your US home to your SD home. There can be a few pieces everyday.

Do these services gather the mail and save it for a weekly or bi weekly shipment to the DR. Or is every piece sent everyday?
If so is the mail held in Miami or in SD?
Is it picked up at the SD office by you or delivered to your home?
Can junk mail be tossed?
Are costs per piece or a monthly fee?

Anyone know how these situations are handled?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Do these services gather the mail and save it for a weekly or bi weekly shipment to the DR. Or is every piece sent everyday?
I get the impression that they ship most, if not every day.

If so is the mail held in Miami or in SD?
Santo Domingo.

Is it picked up at the SD office by you or delivered to your home?
Their office.

Can junk mail be tossed?
If you get junk mail and reject it, they keep it and you only pay a small charge, but you are encouraged to contact the sender and get yourself removed from their mailing list. I also registered with the US version of the mailing preference service and have not received any junk mail since. I'm also more careful about checking the opt-out box when I provide my mailing address on a website.

Are costs per piece or a monthly fee?
Annual fee (only about US$10) + cost per piece.

Welcome to POBI (P.O. Box International)

Hope this helps!

vevy

Feb 14, 2006
As regards mail service using P.O. Box International, does that firm only serve the city of Santo Domingo?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I don't know about POBI, but Business Mail services Sto Dgo; Stgo, and POP, at least. I think they might have serivce out in the east, too...
Same for EPS and CMS??

JN