Happy Mothers day!!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I just wanted to say a happy mothers day to all the mums out there that maybe are missing the oppurtunity to see there own mothers so far away. I certainly miss mine but tomorrow i will be celebrating my first mothers day and can now appreciate what a hard job it is that goes without pay, holidays, day's off and usually taken for granted and without thanks. I hope all of you have a wonderful day and get spoiled rotten and someone gives you the chance to put your feet up and relax!

Last year on a trip to Nisibon on the guagua for mothers day i was pretty discusted to see all the men sat down comfortable and all the mum's young and old stood up cradling infants in there arms in the heat and long journey. I am sure all the gentlemen here however will take the time tomorrow to treat their wife's and girlfriends to some much needed relaxation and a few treats.

Have a great day!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
mmmm....Thank you to all those who replied. Have i offended someone by trying to be friendly and curtious? As lonely as it can be here in this country for me sometimes i just feel like giving up trying to make friends and contacts.

Thanks again

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Laurajane, your first post wouldn't have offended anyone. The second post sounds a trifle petulant & may not be the best way to make friends :cheeky:. Just remember no one posting here is under any obligation to respond to anything - they do because they want to. Not long ago you sent me a happy, bright PM & I responded as soon as I received it. Chances are everyone is busy today celebrating.........Mother's Day.

I'm sure we empathise that you are missing your mum on mother's day, that motherhood in a foreign country may not be all it's cracked up to be, that spouses can be unsupportive and maybe operating from a different expectation of 'men & women's work', and that you're lonely. Now put a bright smile on it & get out & do something positive about your problem. Everyone loves a happy, cheerful soul but using sarcasm doesn't exactly invite the hordes to beat a path to your door! Hope you had a good first mother's day! :)

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......

.........maybe it's because you said it on Saturday and not Sunday..........

I know that all the Dominican's I know ask me why I say to them Happy Birthday when their Birthday isn't til the next day! They say.......It's not my birthday!..........that's tomorrow!

..........Maybe all the "mothers" on this board have become Dominican!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
I didnt mean to sound like i was having a bad day, ive had a great mothers day, but i try to leave posts and replies that are not rude, patronising and i try to be helpful and speak kindly to those i can help with any information i might have. I have since had a few PM's that are very kind and supportive so i thank those people. The original post i left was not about me, i just was dissapointed that out of 60 or so people who viewed it, no one felt that they could send a positive heart felt message on a day i think is very important. Many post's are negative or controversial and i think it is nice to try and lighten it up a little sometimes and in the process maybe make someone else feel good. If i had been posting an ignorant, rude or condesending post it would have had hundreds of replies. i do not post a great deal as in all honesty there are many people who have far more experience and knowledge about certain subjects on here than me, but more often than not i find that even if you ask a polite question or are asking for a little help it is often replied (if replied at all) by an attack of some discription, and i think this makes some people who generally just want a little advice or to post on a subject important to them a little nervous, because they are not part of what seems to be a DR1 click. All i wanted to do was congratulate and say a "job well done" to all the mothers here and thought others may feel the same. I also think that sometimes the tone of a message is misinterpreted because it is in text, this was certainly true of my second remark. I am a friendly, happy good person, i have a very happy family an excellent husband (just for the record) and i am very happy to be living here. Anyway i do generally hope all the mums had a great day, didnt expect such a positive thread to turn so negative there for a second. I am all smiles and off to enjoy a wonderful evening with my beautiful family!!

J

John Evans

I dont have a mother so I Couldnt respond im afraid....sorry you didnt get much response they were all too busy argueing about being respectful

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
My family in the DR called me today to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. They didn't know that in Canada it was May11th. We had a giggle over that, but I had conversations with 3 family members wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. This is why I love the DR and can't wait until I live there.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I would wish you a happy day but I wasn't sure if it should be Mothers, Mother's or Mothers' day! ;)

As I strolled home from our afternoon visit to the mum-in-law and sisters-in-law, I noticed that most families were sitting out in their porches and gardens. A nice, gentle atmosphere, especially after yesterday's last-minute shopping frenzy.

Hope you all enjoyed your day.

May 31, 2005
Yeah.. Everyone was just busy enjoying sunday with their mothers. Happy mother's day to everyone here that is a mother or has a mother. I already called my mom to wish her a happy mother's day. My mom already retired to the DR. Lucky her. I remember mother's day in the DR meant all of my grandmother's sons and daughters visiting her with all of the grandchildren bringing presents. Fun times.

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day. We will be celebrating a belated Mother's Day with my mother-in-law in a few weeks. It will be extra-special for her as its the first time she'll see her first grandson.

"Mother's Day should be celebrated everyday by showing love and appreciation all year round, its not just about one day ... its about a lifetime of dedication. A mother whether by birth or by choice, can never be replaced."

Much love to all of you and especially to those who mother the other kind of babies :) (you know who you are xx)