"Listin Diario". IN ENGLISH ! ! ! On Line

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
I was staggering @ the internet this week, using Codetel; I went to Google; I entered "Listin Diario" + Dominican Republic; then enter.
* Google found Listin w/i 5 seconds, as usual. The Google screen had an option I've never seen. Click for an English language translation of Listin, or view it in the original Spanish.
* For those of us DR expatriates whose Spanish does not approach perfection, this is a major convenience!
* The English? American English, 90 - 95% accurate; not perfect.
* From what I can tell the English translation apples only to the stories on the front page; not to the entire paper.
* No wonder Google is making 10s of millions of $. What a marvelous free service. Worth a try?

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Thanks for the info - brilliant.
It takes me ages to plough through articles in Spanish.
Rio

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
You can add a translator tool bar from Firefox add ons. We use it to read all the local publications or anything we need translated. Its not perfect but it gives you a fairly coherent translation.

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
You can add a translator tool bar from Firefox add ons. We use it to read all the local publications or anything we need translated. Its not perfect but it gives you a fairly coherent translation.

I have one add-on on Firefox called Hyperwords 3.6
Whenever your reading a Spanish newspaper you just highlight one article, click right and choose Hyperword-Translate-From Spanish-To English and the article is translated in the same spot where the original was. Fantastic