Cobraboys great adventure

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
Cobraboy quote while on the verge of changing places,

"Thanks, guys. I am looking forward to the future, but it IS a major step to shut down an established home here, and move it all down.

Let the adventure begin!"

Howdy CB. Was wondering if you would share your thoughts so far?

Respectfully,
Sollie

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

"Thanks, guys. I am looking forward to the future, but it IS a major step to shut down an established home here, and move it all down.

Respectfully,
Sollie
WEll, I don't speak for CB, but wait 'till you read this report.
The Dominican Republic Deal of a lifetime. - ADVrider
I'd say that CB is "making it".

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
Holy Sh*t!!

That is bad for days! I wanna go, even though I'm scared to death of motorcycles. Was hit by a car on one while standing still in Jamaica and never got over it. Fabulous photos!

Sollie

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Cobraboy is not only making it, he is also enjoying his work.
AZB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

Respectfully,
Sollie
:classic:

Thanks for asking.

Business aside 9we'll be in the DR1 directory in a couple of days), I feel blessed. Things have gone better than I expectede, overall. There have been highs and lows, ups and downs. But in totality, It's been great!

We found an awesome house in Jarabacoa to live in and for our stateside friends and family to stay in, almost like a Big Co-Ed Frat House, big enough to where we don't bump into each other.

I fell on slick tile on the driveway the first week, and all 230lbs of me landed on my left elbow. It wasn't broken (thought it was), but some ligament/tendon damage that has given me problems, but is mending well (as Poppa CB said: "growin' old ain't fer sissies..."). Hope to play golf again soon.

Adopted one of Matilda's Great Dane mix puppies, Toby, and he's been a hoot! All legs and trying to figure out how to be a dog. Hillbilly got his sister.

We've made numerous good friends with many folks in Jarabacoa, both locals and ex-pats. We truly love the area, so cool, quiet and clean!

We did our "Virgin Tour" with great success, and we're gearing up for full marketing now.

So far it's been a marvelous experience, and Alida and her family have been a tremendous help.

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
Thanks so much CB. Sounds like you hit the floor runnin'; somehow I'm not surprised. Sounds like you are finding what you are looking for. Continued best to you and yours and let's see that hound if you will.

Sollie

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
let's see that hound if you will.

Sollie
:)

Toby at 8 weeks :surprised:
IMG_3110.jpg

With Alida:
IMG_3132.jpg

Hillbilly's pooch is a beautiful girl, too.

Thanks, Matilda, for Toby!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
:)

Toby at 8 weeks :surprised:
IMG_3110.jpg

With Alida:
IMG_3132.jpg

Hillbilly's pooch is a beautiful girl, too.

Thanks, Matilda, for Toby!
What a beautiful dog.
A handsome fella, he is.
I'm sure the locals will just love him, when he grows up and stands there watching them, with his head resting on the roof of your car.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
WOW! these pics are amazing! now THAT is what i call free-spirited and adventurous! BIG PROPS to you riding bikes out there! I have not gotten over my fear of learning to ride them out there.....you all had an AWESOME TIME! hope I get to post some pics like this some day! - J

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
WOW! these pics are amazing! now THAT is what i call free-spirited and adventurous! BIG PROPS to you riding bikes out there! I have not gotten over my fear of learning to ride them out there.....you all had an AWESOME TIME! hope I get to post some pics like this some day! - J
The right bikes, the right gear, the right training, the right routes and employing Group Riding Techniques make it safe and enjoyable for all.

It's a wonderful experience!

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
What a beautiful dog.
A handsome fella, he is.
I'm sure the locals will just love him, when he grows up and stands there watching them, with his head resting on the roof of your car.
Maybe Matilda will post the pic of Toby's dad "dancing" with her...(hint, hint, hint...)

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
The right bikes, the right gear, the right training, the right routes and employing Group Riding Techniques make it safe and enjoyable for all.

Got any with training wheels?:glasses:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Got any with training wheels?:glasses:
Take the basic Course from these guys (for starters) and you won't need them: Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Their courses are taught in about every place in the states. HIGHLY recommended.

Check the "Basic Rider Course Highlights" video to see what it's like.

We adhere to the Group Riding Techniques like in their other video.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey

you EVER ride a bike before? i see you said right training, did you do this on the spot? if so KUDOS to you because my fear of riding bikes is too much to handle....and heightened in DR since its crazy riding there....that and because my wife's uncle recently passed in a motorcycle accident so it is just too much to handle.
you were riding some stronger bikes than the typical motoconchos so you had some COJONES my friend! :bunny:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Timmy and Jimmy are going to be p!ssed when they find out they were swapped for a dog.
Timmy and Jimmy are safely and happily in the calm home of Col. Bruce. They know where the supper dish is...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
you EVER ride a bike before? i see you said right training, did you do this on the spot? if so KUDOS to you because my fear of riding bikes is too much to handle....and heightened in DR since its crazy riding there....that and because my wife's uncle recently passed in a motorcycle accident so it is just too much to handle.
you were riding some stronger bikes than the typical motoconchos so you had some COJONES my friend! :bunny:
If you learn to ride properly, i.e. the correct training (which isn't that hard), bring the right riding gear with you, and apply the proper group riding techniques, riding the right routes in the DR on our tour is as safe as anywhere. We do NOT turn folks on our bikes out on their own.

We don't 'do" motoconchos...