Dominican Baseball in Toronto?

pride21

May 14, 2005
www.facebook.com
Does anyone have any info on any Dominican baseball leagues in Toronto? I was told about two locations, Lawrence/Keele, and Downsview Park, but wasn't given any other details.
I will be taking my son to his first major league game when the Braves are in town, but wanted something more lowkey to go to consistently, and also teach him what "real" baseball is.
Thanks in advance for any info!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Real baseball is the game played in around 40-50 or more countrys in the world. Dominicans may have a passion for the game, but no more or less than any other player from any other country in the world.

Last edited:

pride21

May 14, 2005
www.facebook.com
I really can't stand people who make an issue out of things when they don't understand the context in which something was said.
When I say "real baseball", I mean baseball void of multi-million dollar contracts and the egos that come with that. Whether it's Dominican baseball or not.
Seriously....it's like people search the board looking for inane arguements to make.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Baseball is "Real" whether it is a pick up game or professional league.

I don't think Bob said anything wrong or is trying to start an argument.

I also dont know where you would find an isolated group of dominicans playing any kind of baseball in Canada...more likely a group of spanish people including some dominicans in our multicultural society.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I really can't stand people who make an issue out of things when they don't understand the context in which something was said.
When I say "real baseball", I mean baseball void of multi-million dollar contracts and the egos that come with that. Whether it's Dominican baseball or not.
Seriously....it's like people search the board looking for inane arguements to make.

No, you stated Dominican Baseball, not amateur baseball or baseball for fun. I played both baseball and fastball for fun for 30 years. There are pickup type baseball games in Toronto area and if you go to the website you were given by another poster you'll probably find out where Dominicans in Canada play. I would assume somewhere close to Jane & Finch area. I wasn't trying to pick a fight or spoil you orgasmic feeling about Dominicans. By the way my step-son- 17 year Dominican hates baseball - soccer is his game. He plays rep soccer in Belleville and was playing in a tournament in Vaughn all weekend.

pride21

May 14, 2005
www.facebook.com
I also dont know where you would find an isolated group of dominicans playing any kind of baseball in Canada...more likely a group of spanish people including some dominicans in our multicultural society.

I have recieved info on two specifically Dominican teams in Toronto, which were the two that I know about. From what I've been told, there are even more specifically Dominican team around. I'm not sure though......

pride21

May 14, 2005
www.facebook.com
pride21- I do agree I don't think Bob meant anything in a bad way IMO

I have translated this to English for you:

Translated version of http://www.torontodominicano.com/

If you scroll down to bottom they are taking registration kids and teens. I could not find a phone number sorry. But there is a comment section and maybe you can ask any questions you may have :)

The e-mail addy you gave me was perfect! Thanks so much for your help. It's 11am on Sundays :) And, they even have a female league that meets Tuesdays and Thursdays. Once I get the link to their site, I will pass it on to you.

My son is just starting t-ball, but I've bookmarked the site for when he does start little league.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
No, you stated Dominican Baseball, not amateur baseball or baseball for fun. I played both baseball and fastball for fun for 30 years. There are pickup type baseball games in Toronto area and if you go to the website you were given by another poster you'll probably find out where Dominicans in Canada play. I would assume somewhere close to Jane & Finch area. I wasn't trying to pick a fight or spoil you orgasmic feeling about Dominicans. By the way my step-son- 17 year Dominican hates baseball - soccer is his game. He plays rep soccer in Belleville and was playing in a tournament in Vaughn all weekend.

I have to admit when I saw two different threads (Dominicans clubs, Dominican baseball) I thought pride was a Dominican guy wanting to make friends with other Dominicans and then I saw the "where do you meet Dominican guys" thread, I had a little chuckle. Maybe you're on to something bob! :cheeky:

But pride should know that some of the curse words and name-calling that goes on at the ball games (adult males) might not be appropriate for her son's ears and some Dominicans don't like it either. Most of the guys in the clubs are married to gringas who are hanging on to them of dear life. But yes, there are some nice Dominican guys out there who go home to their wife and/or Latina girlfriend at the end of the night... or early morning... if they know what's good for them. But there are some who have their arms around a different woman every weekend.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
You said it right Maragert right on the ball :D

Most of the guys in the clubs are married to gringas who are hanging on to them of dear life. But yes, there are some nice Dominican guys out there who go home to their wife and/or Latina girlfriend at the end of the night... or early morning... if they know what's good for them. But there are some who have their arms around a different woman every weekend.

Janni

Mar 19, 2005
Location of Sunday games

I know this is an older thread....but did anyone find out the location of the ball diamond where the Dominicanos gather Sunday mornings @ 11:00?? Somebody mentioned Jane & Finch area???
Any details would be greatly appreciated. ;)