Trailer Trash!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Hello all

I am wanting to buy an 14' enclosed cargo trailer, I had seen the advice about contacting Sanztrailers but a very helpful DR1'er who was searching for something similar said they do not make or supply what we were looking for. I have had no luck finding another dealer and the price of importing one from the states is very expensive. So i thought maybe i would ask if anyone knew of a company or individual that could make what i am looking for or if anyone else knows of somewhere possibly in the capital where i could by one. Any help with this would be very appreciated. Also does anyone know the spanish translation for trailer, I know they tend to say trailer, but i need to do a search maybe using the true spanish equivalent.

Thank you

Sanation

May 21, 2007
Hi laurajane

I'm not sure if they will have what you are looking for, but our company have used a company in Santo Domingo for hiring a massive office trailer for a site office. If they don't have what you want, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Their details are as follows:

Express Trailer Service
Franciscos Prats Ramirez 211
Evaristo Morales

T: 809 542 4888

Good Luck!

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
it is very rare for me to see a trailer of any sort here unless it is on the back of a mack truck or some guy is pulling a boat. in this country i often must think of the dominican solution to whatever the problem may be. what would a dominican do? running out of water? get a tinaco for the roof, problem solved. one dominican solution would be to buy a box truck and then tow it, not kidding, just when you think you've seen it all another bizarre incident unfolds. maybe if you check with a boat sales place they can direct you to someone who can build something on a boat trailer frame. bring a picture. some builders can't read or write but they can copy anything. good luck.

donnaparadise

Sep 1, 2003
paralaestrella.com
At one time, the shipping companies near the port in Puerto Plata used to sell off old ones. I've seen a few made up into a store and a restaurant - there is one on the right hand side going to Costambar.

On the road going to La Roca there are a few in the field - the paint is rusted out but they were there for a long time. Not sure who owns them.

I'd ask the shipping companies for contacts for purchasing one of those, if that is what you are looking for.

Pre-fabs (the kind that are used for school rooms in Canada and US) are shipped in by the companies using them and don't know any of those for sale anywhere.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I think she wants a box trailer to haul stuff, not a 40' container.

I tried finding them here, too. I couldn't get what I needed here, even built by the only builder I know of in the DR. I gave them specs and pictures, and they couldn't even build the quality I required (standard middle-quality U.S. build specs, nothing exotic), and the one they could build was more expensive, including shipping, duty and taxes, that I could find in the states..

So I imported exactly what I needed.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Hi laurajane

I'm not sure if they will have what you are looking for, but our company have used a company in Santo Domingo for hiring a massive office trailer for a site office. If they don't have what you want, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Express Trailer Service
Evaristo Morales

Good Luck!

Thanks i will give them a try. Apreciate the replies guy's, Thanks again :)

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Hi laurajane

Express Trailer Service
Evaristo Morales

Good Luck!

Hi
I just thought i would post this in case anyone in the future is looking for a similar item, But i contacted the company mentioned above and they said they can fabricate pretty much what you want, I am at the moment waiting for a quote from them for a 14' enclosed trailer, so i will post again to let you know if they are reasonable or not. Thanks for your help again! :)