First Trip to DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonywv

May 28, 2008
I am taking my first trip to DR in June, staying in between Sosua and Caberete. I have read alot of articles on the two places, but, I was wondering if someone could give me the real on both places. Which one has the best bars, the best girls, and the best nightlife. I really just want to know where to go when I get there.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I am taking my first trip to DR in June, staying in between Sosua and Caberete. I have read alot of articles on the two places, but, I was wondering if someone could give me the real on both places. Which one has the best bars, the best girls, and the best nightlife. I really just want to know where to go when I get there.

Suggest this enquiry is moved to a more appropriate forum as I assume this poster is not a 'Dominican Abroad'. Am sure you will have lots of fun in both places tonywv but sure there are other far more qualified than me to give you more accurate advice.

swooperman

Oct 10, 2007
Thats ok Tony.. I would be happy to tell you what I think. The night life is better in the day time. The later it gets the more hard core drug addicted women are on the streets preying on new grigos arriving here with a glint in their eye looking for that poverty stricken sweet thing from the country that he can have his way with. He thinks she will look up at him with adoring eyes and dream of a better life with him at her side. Most of the street girls here are way beyond that. You are 10 years too late. Don?t where any jewelry, keep your eye on your camera, don?t leave a lap top in your room if a Dominican has seen it there. If you are robbed the security guy is probably in on it. If you find a dead body don?t report it or you will be put in jail while they investigate. If you have a problem with the police and call them you better have some money to pay them because the Dominican government doesn?t pay them. If you drive a car or a motorcycle be carefull because if you are rear ended at a red light you will be at fault because you are the one with money. In Thailand the police have a slogan ...to serve and protect... In Sosua it is...to frame and extort...

Having said all that I love it here because I have a lot of good friends and the beach is beautifull... I learned all of the above and want to save you the trouble of learning the hard way. I know all the under the rug sweepers?? are going to be mad at me again but thats what makes the DR1 great! Right? It?s a forum for free speach!!

Love and hugs to all
Swooperman!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
All I want to know is what does the WV mean??

It might get you a cup of coffee!!

HB

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Thats ok Tony.. I would be happy to tell you what I think. The night life is better in the day time. The later it gets the more hard core drug addicted women are on the streets preying on new grigos arriving here with a glint in their eye looking for that poverty stricken sweet thing from the country that he can have his way with. He thinks she will look up at him with adoring eyes and dream of a better life with him at her side. Most of the street girls here are way beyond that. You are 10 years too late. Don?t where any jewelry, keep your eye on your camera, don?t leave a lap top in your room if a Dominican has seen it there. If you are robbed the security guy is probably in on it. If you find a dead body don?t report it or you will be put in jail while they investigate. If you have a problem with the police and call them you better have some money to pay them because the Dominican government doesn?t pay them. If you drive a car or a motorcycle be carefull because if you are rear ended at a red light you will be at fault because you are the one with money. In Thailand the police have a slogan ...to serve and protect... In Sosua it is...to frame and extort...

Having said all that I love it here because I have a lot of good friends and the beach is beautifull... I learned all of the above and want to save you the trouble of learning the hard way. I know all the under the rug sweepers?? are going to be mad at me again but thats what makes the DR1 great! Right? It?s a forum for free speach!!

Love and hugs to all
Swooperman!!!

Did the OP's enquiry really deserve all of that s**t? Pray tell, what is 'speach' as I cannot find it in the English dictionary. I am very glad that you have a lot of friends as it sounds as if you may well need them...

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Did the OP's enquiry really deserve all of that s**t? Pray tell, what is 'speach' as I cannot find it in the English dictionary. I am very glad that you have a lot of friends as it sounds as if you may well need them...

Empty vessels make the most sound;)

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Go to the english speaking bars before dark - take advantage of the hapy hour prices so you can afford to buy the loacl gringos a drink & they will give you all the gen on the place. Then make up your own mind.

Have fun & remember they double-wrap everything here when you go shopping so you'd best do the same - sausages can go bad very quickly in the tropics.....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey!! You still haven't said what that WV on your name means!!! It could be important!!

HB

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check out the posts in the North Coast section of this forum, where this post was transfered to. Lots of answers to your questions there.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Hey!! You still haven't said what that WV on your name means!!! It could be important!!

HB

Perhaps Tony does not want to identify with being from West Virginia, a backwater, redneck place of origin. As a Mississippian I can completely understand.
Thank you for the notes to Delores. We are most grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.