Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominican Form Of Poligamy

I am doing some research behind what I consider a Dominican phenomenon. I would like to hear opinions of men and women on this matter if you would like to cooperate.

I don't know about you but I know a bunch of Dominican men who have 2,3 and more “complete families”, what I mean is that, yeah there married and with that women have kids, yet in another street, barrio, pueblo and/or country they have another women and kids. Some how these multiple families seem to function. My questions then are:

To Women:

1.Why do you put up with it?
    2.What is the motivation behind accepting him be part of the time here and the other there. **** I have even seen instances when the wife and the Querida are comadres. Why, what the logic behind this?

To Men:

1.so is this what have your cake and ice cream is like?
    2.Do you consider it to be ok?

General Question:

observe your family and you will notice, a bunch of aunt and uncle not from your grandmother and brothers and sister not from our mother, yet you never remember them marring anyone else. What do you think is behind this phenomenon of the Dominican Culture, is it only exclusive to Dominicans?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I observe is the fact that from an early age, Dominican girls prefer the "tigueres" (bad boys) over the more serious boys. Often they will date a married man, knowingly, and get pregnant from him. It is complete mystery also why most women actually prefer those men who are openly lying, cheating and frequently beating them up...

I think it is anchored deep inside the culture. Maybe somehow transmitted by the mother. The value system is wrong: What is good is seen as bad, and what is bad is seen as good.

-Is it because of the fact that a huge amount of kids are raised by single mothers, and most of them are from different fathers ?
    -I don't know...

But don't be mislead ! it takes 2 to dance... Often foreigners will endlessly complain on how bad are Dominican men, while completely ignoring Dominican women. Think ! If men are such, women have a lot of responsibility to bear...

It is a wrong system of value...

No one reads, if a youth reads, they'll call him "pendejo"... The only way it would be valued to read would be to study to become a lawyer, so you could lie, steal, and trick people to make a lot of fast money.

No wonder virtually all politicians are corrupt...

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Squat View Post
    One thing I observe is the fact that from an early age, Dominican girls prefer the "tigueres" (bad boys) over the more serious boys. ...
    I don't think that it's particular to Dominican women.
    The same was true of a lot of the young ladies I knew, when growing up in Canada.
    Having been the somewhat delinquent non conformist in my teen age years, I benefited from the above mentioned syndrome.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hmmmmm.....

......transmitted by their mothers........ intresting

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there allaboutbeingdominican,

Is/Are your question/s only directed at Dominicans? I understand that you are talking about the Dominicans or are you including non-Dominicans in the set up as well? I ask because I know a couple of those myself, but being a non-Dom wondered if I was eligible to answer you........

Got to be PC here ......lol

Rio

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default please answer....

yeah anyone can participate, this will only support its a phenominan that cut through cultural boundaries

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Bo knows football, but Rocky knows women.

I have to agree with Rocky regarding the fact women are attracted to the bad boys across cultures. However, in my experience in the US, women use the bad boys but want a long-term relationship with the good, hard-working, provider type. Or, may start out with one or the other type and change at some point (biological clock ticking, desire for a walk on the wild side, need for companionship, you name it for the reasons).

In any event, it appears Dominican women are not as sophistacated or educated as NA women (generally speaking) and therefore may not have the same understanding of their options (which may also be limited), so therefore often end up with several bad boys and no stable provider (until they meet the gringo of their dreams).

Just my thoughts with no real data to support them. The thing is, if anyone thinks they can figure out women or relationships they have got their their work cut out for themselves. I wish you all the best. I understand straight jackets provide enormous comfort and security.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I don't think that it's particular to Dominican women.
    The same was true of a lot of the young ladies I knew, when growing up in Canada.
    Having been the somewhat delinquent non conformist in my teen age years, I benefited from the above mentioned syndrome.
    Only in your teens Rocky??

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catcherintherye View Post
    The thing is, if anyone thinks they can figure out women or relationships they have got their their work cut out for themselves. I wish you all the best. I understand straight jackets provide enormous comfort and security.
    I agree.
    Women would be in a better position to illuminate us on this topic, as man's understanding of women is limited to .

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I agree.
    Women would be in a better position to illuminate us on this topic
    you said it !!! I doubt that the mistery will be solved

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast