29 inch TV, cheapie cheapie

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Saw a great deal at Pricesmart in Santiago yesterday.
Hyundai 29 inch TV, the CRT type, but still with a very flat screen and impressive stereo speakers for 11,000 pesos.
That's equivalent to $325 US.
The JVC equivalent that I bought from them a couple of years back was over $600.
The pic looked great and the sound was too, as best as I could tell with the noise in there.
Real flat screens are great, but have piddly little squawk box speakers.
You pretty much have to buy aftermarket speakers for them, adding to the already high prices we pay here.
In Sosua, 11,000 pesos will get you a 20 inch TV and it won't be a Sony.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Am I the only one who thinks that it's a screamer of a deal?
Have you guys forgotten just how expensive TVs can be here?

Fishguy

Oct 22, 2006
Am I the only one who thinks that it's a screamer of a deal?

Yes, I'm pretty sure you're the only one. :cheeky:

The problem is that Hyundai TV's are crap. Their CRTs (4 models: HY22F09, HY29F04, HY29FW01, HY29F01) are only sold in India, so what are they doing here?

Rejects? From Hyundai? That's a scary thought....

Saw a great deal at Pricesmart in Santiago yesterday.
Hyundai 29 inch TV, the CRT type, but still with a very flat screen and impressive stereo speakers for 11,000 pesos.
That's equivalent to $325 US.
The JVC equivalent that I bought from them a couple of years back was over $600.
The pic looked great and the sound was too, as best as I could tell with the noise in there.
Real flat screens are great, but have piddly little squawk box speakers.
You pretty much have to buy aftermarket speakers for them, adding to the already high prices we pay here.
In Sosua, 11,000 pesos will get you a 20 inch TV and it won't be a Sony.

Where were you last month when i was shopping for a TV :(

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

The problem is that Hyundai TV's are crap. Their CRTs (4 models: HY22F09, HY29F04, HY29FW01, HY29F01) are only sold in India, so what are they doing here?

Thanks Mr. Fish.
It appears that you are correct.
Complaints Board | Hyundai Television
Who would have thought that a big company like Hyundai would put out such a junky product?
Thanks again for saving us from making a mistake.

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
lol Hyundai

So are their cars. I have been busy test driving for a new SUV and tried 2 at the Hyundai dealer. Think I will stick to my Jeep Rubicon. ;)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Oddly enough, when we dropped into Pricesmart this morning, the only TV on the shelf that was not on (already broken?) was the Hyundai, the very one I saw working well on Saturday.

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Hmmmmmm

Oddly enough, when we dropped into Pricesmart this morning, the only TV on the shelf that was not on (already broken?) was the Hyundai, the very one I saw working well on Saturday.

Wonder if whoever "broke it" owns one of their cars?? :cheeky::bunny::bunny::bunny:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Not to my knowledge.
I've always been under the impression that they are one and the same, and one thing for sure is that both the cars and electronics are decent quality.

My first "new" car was the Galant!!!