Using Ascot Advisory to become a DR citizen

sailin

May 1, 2008
Has anyone completed the citizenship process through Ascot Advisory?
I'm looking for feedback or a review of your experience and trying to determine whether to use Ascot or go through a reputable attorney.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You will probably pay a lot less going through a reputable attorney than the other way. Ascot has to use an attorney and charge you a nice size fee on top of that. They are not magicians. Get a good attorney.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Has anyone completed the citizenship process through Ascot Advisory?
I'm looking for feedback or a review of your experience and trying to determine whether to use Ascot or go through a reputable attorney.

Please clarify. Are you asking about becoming a Dominican Republic Citizen? OR, getting your Cedula and Residence cards?

I am not familiar with the "Ascot Advisory". Can you provide some information about this?

Most people advise having a Dominican Lawyer assist you. Guzman Ariza is recommended and his firm/information is on the Home page on DR1. You can use the "search" and find other thread regarding Cedula and Residence procedures and experiences.

Regards, Ringo

Last edited:

sailin

May 1, 2008
Attorney vs Ascot Advisory re: Citizenship Process

Here is info on Ascot Offshore Information: Incorporation Company Services Offshore | Bank Accounts: Personal - Business | Residency information | Second Passport Citizenship | Offshore Investments | Expatriate News | International Relocation Topics - Tax Havens | Panama . You'll find vast amounts of info there. His $20 report was very thorough.
Thanks to all who responded so quickly. We are looking forward to becoming citizens of the DR. It seems the more we read the more options we find and everything begins to blur together. We have read the forums but never came across anyone who had actually used Ascot Advisory for citizenship. Ascot offers one stop shopping and that does have an appeal. We just need to uncover how much more we will pay for them and compare it to an attorney vs time vs convienense etc.. We did find very pleased folks (in the forum) who had used
Guzman and plan to speak to their Firm for sure. We will be sure to mention DR1.

sailin

May 1, 2008
Citizenship in the DR

I would like to clarify that I am working on citizenship in the DR.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
His $20 report was very thorough.

But was it accurate? Or up to date? I ask because the website you linked to says 'Under current guidelines, if a tourist overstays by one day or ten years, the fine is the same, 100 pesos or about US$6'. That is simply untrue. If you want to find the correct answer search these forums (it has been posted multiple times). If John Schroeder is inaccurate/out of date about that, then what else? Years ago (approx 11/12 years) he came to see us to ask info about the north coast - we gave the best info we could. Four days later I saw it all included in one of the Ascot newsletters........I could almost hear myself speaking....... :cheeky: Did he check it before including it? Dunno. What was the date on the thorough report you read? 2006? Because an awful lot has happened since then..............

Did you do a search of these forums using Ascot Advisory as your search items? Because you'll find for example
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/43151-ascot-advisory-services.html

http://www.dr1.com/forums/business-questions/31771-ascot-advisory-dead-buried.html

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/42532-ascot-advisory.html

http://www.dr1.com/forums/2001-archive/14489-ascot-non-advisory-service-john-schroeder.html

There are others. I can recall some amusing remarks about that $20 report for example..............;)

You'll need residency in DR before applying for citizenship, btw. I agree with the others, cut out the middleman & get yourself a good, reputable, up to date lawyer. Then double check everything he or she tells you :) .

Are you planning on living in DR? Or is the citizenship merely for other purposes? Because I noticed your comment about one-stop shopping & presume from this that the convenience factor appealled to you. The DR isn't exactly the country for 'convenience' - it has a lot of other things going for it but you do have to check whatever you are told & read. Going for the 'easy' (one stop) option in anything here can be very costly financially & possibly in other ways as well.

Wish you well.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
Ascott Advisory

1st post spam. Come on, you need to do better than that!

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
Spam

Hey listen, I took the time to try to help. I wanted to answer his question. I do not advertise for John Schroder. I met him he helped me with my residency and my cedula. I posted to provide information. If it is spam or not, it deserved to be read. By you removing it says something about you not me. Enough said.