Another Call Center type Question

May 31, 2008
www.youtube.com
Hi, I used to be MiMontessori,

I could not find my password to the old account, so I opened this one. Besides attacked_by_a_monkey, is for fun to say than MiMontessori.

Having wanted to live in the DR, than Living in the DR, and then running home a year and a day later. I find myself wanting to take another adventure and move back down to Santo Domingo. Summer only perhaps for now.

I have been working for a major Work at Home company as an independent contractor, and I answer the phones for some airlines, and retail stores. I dont' make big bucks but it is work and it is flexible , I can do it when i want to and that is special. Plus no gas !

My question is if anyone else has been able to get their system to work in the dr by having the calls switched over to a number in the dr, and if so how do you get it automatically switched? Is there a better idea that I don't know about. VOIP is a no way, cant use it, must be a real phone.

I want to leave my number in tact in the US, and then when calls come in they would be forwarded to my number in the DR with out the caller or company issuing the calls to me, knowing my location.

I appriciate any feedback. Good to so so many of the same faces again on the boards.

Tamara

Skippy1

Feb 21, 2008
I wonder if you would be better to use the internet phone systems that are available now.
There are many systems available but the best I have seen so far seems to be SKYPE and there is an American one I can't remember the name but it is currently being advertised on the shopping channels in the states.
They work on any phone and once connected to the internet you can make and recieve calls anywhere in the world on the same number. For a small annual or monthly payment you get free calls anywhere in the USA and Canada greast for business and calling home.
Voice quality is very good and you really would not notice any difference...well maybe an improvement!
These internet phones are the way to go I think especially for business and are ideal for home based workers with high call volumes.
Once you have paid the initial costs they are very cheap to use.

Skippy1

lasalsa

Apr 9, 2008
It's Called VONAGE.. I'm using a TX Number in Argentina.

If it really can't be VOIP, it's gonna be hard to find a telephone number forwarding company for cheap.

Good Luck.

May 31, 2008
www.youtube.com
It really is "not supposed" to be VoIP, however, i have come to realize in my search that my company uses something called telephony@work, and it is a data voice over internet product?? go figure, but we the operators must have a land line to recieve the calls. I am going to test out voip, however, they can see my desktop, and if the were to see i was using voip service i could be fired.

Still researching however...

Thanks for the reply.