Where to purchase a blender?

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Can you tell me the best place to purchase and pricing for a blender? It could be an Osterizer, a Black & Decker, or whatever.

I expect it won't be in Sosua, but maybe in Santiago or Puerto Plata?

Thanks.
Ro

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Can you tell me the best place to purchase and pricing for a blender? It could be an Osterizer, a Black & Decker, or whatever.

I expect it won't be in Sosua, but maybe in Santiago or Puerto Plata?

Thanks.
Ro
Most stores & Playero in Sosua "probably". As for price, surely cheaper in POP or Santiago. (Price Smart, La Sirena, Radio Centro, Plaza Lama etc. )Osterizer between 1450. and 2400. dpending on model.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Most stores & Playero in Sosua "probably". As for price, surely cheaper in POP or Santiago. (Price Smart, La Sirena, Radio Centro, Plaza Lama etc. )Osterizer between 1450. and 2400. dpending on model.

Playero in Sosua has/had several brands as does most of the major stores as Eddy points out.

Consider FUEL PRICES, if driving, and what your time is worth.

Regards, Ringo

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks. Wish I had room to bring one down - but I only do carry on and it won't work this trip.

I'll go by your suggestions - especially the fuel one - but I expect to be in Santiago and will use my time wisely.

Regards
Ro

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
They are readily available in Puerto Plata honey. Take the gua gua, shop then we can do lunch.....;)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
We just bought one in Price Smart for RD$1,700ish - cost in POP RD$2,700

The less expensive one in Sosua Playero was about 1700. About 7 others going up in price. As been posted, they are in most major stores so you can find one close to you and save the gas and time.

Ringo

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Stay clear of Oster imitations!

In all Latin America you will see all stores carrying the ol' chrome bottom Osterizer. In some countries, you'd have the choice of buying an original "Made in USA" issue, a Mexican issue and depending on the country a lowest price local assembled issue.
Here, you only have the choice between the original US made one starting at RD$ 2700.oo (asking) and 2 or 3 very similar LOOKING (only) imitations starting around RD$ 1600.oo (asking). The imitations are C R A P ! The glass and bottoms won't even fit correctly, the motor will smell like electrical fire from day one on and it won't go away until it really burns out or the pin will spin off or the switch has shorted.
Get a real one or buy one in the States. Even a Mexican edition would be great!

... J-D.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks everyone. For sure I won't buy in Sosua and for sure I won't buy an imitation; that was so graphic I could almost smell the burn!

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Also stay away from Daiwa. Never heard of this brand until I came here, but I can catagorically state that all their products are cheap rubbush.

Bought a Daiwa liquidiser from Playero and it lasted a month. The bearing for the blade went. Replaced it and it lasted another month. Threw it away and bought one of the above mentioned Oster blenders from Price Smart for 1700RD and I been downing juices and smoothies ever since!

However I wasn't aware that there were fake Osters out there and I didn't check where the Price Smart one came from.... Have just checked on the base of it and it says "Made in Mexico" so I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Also stay away from Daiwa. Never heard of this brand until I came here, but I can catagorically state that all their products are cheap rubbush.

Bought a Daiwa liquidiser from Playero and it lasted a month. The bearing for the blade went. Replaced it and it lasted another month. Threw it away and bought one of the above mentioned Oster blenders from Price Smart for 1700RD and I been downing juices and smoothies ever since!

However I wasn't aware that there were fake Osters out there and I didn't check where the Price Smart one came from.... Have just checked on the base of it and it says "Made in Mexico" so I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

IF it indeed IS a Mexican made OSTER... it used to be quite good.
... J-D.